TRX 1E TRX2E New Firmware for Non American users.

kevnerd486

TRX 1E TRX2E New Firmware for Non American users.

Post by kevnerd486 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:52 am

Great news for our international customers (outside of North America)!

Introducing the TRX-1e and TRX-2e

Any TRX-1 or TRX 2 can now be updated to the TRX-1E and TRX-2E respectively.

Unique to the TRX-1E and TRX-2E are the following features:
Additional bandplans for New Zealand, France, and South Africa. (Additional bandplans can be added as needed)
Localized service search categories unique to each country’s needs (includes new search categories)
User programmable WX button can be assigned to any one of the Localized Service Search categories for quick access.
Service Search – searches through frequencies used by the following radio services: Public Safety, VHF/UHF (AM), [Mosque, CB UHF (country specific)], Amateur, [CB 26MHz, CB 27MHz (country specific)], VHF Mar, and FRS/ GMRS/MURS. This is a good way to find activity on local frequencies.
In order to change your scanner to a TRX-1e or TRX-2 you will need to choose one of the following two options to take advantage of the update:

1- Download a new PC App from our website and installing on your computer in order to utilize the Check for PC CPU Firmware Update

or

2 - Download the CPUUpdater file from our website and manually update independent of the new PC app. (It is still recommended the TRX-1E and TRX-2E PC app be downloaded and installed for programming your TRX-1E and TRX-2E, to save archives of your custom configurations, and to receive future updates for these models)

You can find the downloads here:
Downloads
Scanner Downloads Select your model... TRX-1 TRX-2 TRX-1E (International) TRX-2E (International) WS1040 & WS1065 WS1080 & WS1088 WS1095 & WS1098 -- Legacy Scanners -- Pro-18 / Pro-668 / PSR-800 - Upgraded Radar Detector Downloads Select your model... CR90 - Detectors with serial numbers ending...
whistlergroup.com whistlergroup.com

Scotty

Re: TRX 1E TRX2E New Firmware for Non American users.

Post by Scotty » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Very interesting. Even though the TRX has been released for a number of years, it's great to see it officially become an 'International' scanner, as such, that can be firmware upgraded by the user, depending on where they are located.

However, I note the following in release notes...

"Bandplans for the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, France, and South Africa will be available in the scanner and the PC App. Note that these bandplans will not include frequencies prohibited by U.S. Law."

...which indicates the firmware won't change the apparent hardware based lockouts. But I did think that when the AU bandplans were released some time back that some of these restrictions were lifted? Maybe that only affected the VHF band, and didn't change the restrictions up around 800MHz?

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Great to see Whistler looking after the international community, seems Uniden has forgotten that.
Hopefully also available for the earlier stuff too.
cheers
VK2MRC

lxth7

Post by lxth7 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:45 pm

I got the email today announcing it. The only change I'd be interested in, would be if the 512 limit is moved up to 527 were my mototrbo radio goes.