Hornsby RFS - Kurrajong Heights (near Richmond) Tower

RFS, SES, SLSA, VRA, SJA
scanSydney
Site Admin

Hornsby RFS - Kurrajong Heights (near Richmond) Tower

Post by scanSydney » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi all,

Just a general FYI for all, Kurrajong Heights (P251 RFS PMR) has been switched on since 6/11/2009. This brings Hornsby RFS PMR system up to 6 sites, with one more expected to be online in the near future (tentative!)--Mount White P252. The coverage from Kurrajong Heights so far has been brilliant for units on the western side of the district--oh, and of course will allow scanner users in the west to listen to Hornsby! :lol:

Frequency: 466.9500
CTCSS: 110.9Hz

Cheers.

centralcoastscanman

Re: Hornsby RFS - Kurrajong Heights (near Richmond) Tower

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:12 pm

wonder whether gosford district might add a repeater onto kurrajoing too as i'd say it would give good line of sight coverage to some areas over near spencer that were a bit scratchy in the last sect 44 we had there

scanSydney
Site Admin

Post by scanSydney » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:35 pm

centralcoastscanman wrote:wonder whether gosford district might add a repeater onto kurrajoing too as i'd say it would give good line of sight coverage to some areas over near spencer that were a bit scratchy in the last sect 44 we had there
I'm not sure if it's actually active yet, but plans are for a repeater to be added in at Simpsons Hill (near Wisemans Ferry) for Gosford. I imagine that site would cover Spencer quite well. The site has been added into all radios as of the new digital profile, in at P190 RFS PMR.

I can't hear Simpsons Hill from here, so I can't confirm whether it's active or not. ;)

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 pm

not sure, i'll check when i'm speaking to our radio tech next and find out whether its been turned on

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:04 am

Wow, sounds like the RFS is going in to the GRN building business... a heck of a lot of shared sites mentioned in this topic!

Cheers,

Richard

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:22 pm

if the rfs and grn put all their sites together i reckon there would be minimal to no coverage problems...
and if the police put all their sites in as well there'd probly be no coverage problems

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Don't forget that the railways will have a lot of sites to share in 4-5 years time, given that they will be vacating UHF duplex and simplex and moving onto GSM-R (which has the dual capability of digital comms + an advanced form of signalling called ATP that will largely remove line signallings.

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi Grant,

Not that many really. Many of the sites are located close to rail corridors & not necessarily of interest to other agencies. Most of the prime sites they have are either owned by others or have already been offered to other agencies. They sent me a spreadsheet a few years back of those being disposed of and few were much chop.

Cheers,

Richard

durox

Post by durox » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:55 am

Simpsons hill has not yet been commissioned, it is still in the approval stages and will possibly be on the air by early next year

scanSydney
Site Admin

Post by scanSydney » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Have you heard any word on PMR at Mt White for Hornsby yet?