NSW RFS Frequencies

RFS, SES, SLSA, VRA, SJA
tsunami_australia

NSW RFS Frequencies

Post by tsunami_australia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Is there any official "helitak" frequencies/channels set out now or just an on the fly aviation frequency and VHF fireground channel?

With the new profiles happening are there any updates yet on changes to each of the 4 regions? As far as I'm aware the only change for east is the 2 Mental Coast regions merging as CCOAST or something??

Are the new profiles going into the XTL5000's or are they using this opportunity to rollout APX6500s? I still personally reckon don't fix what ain't broke roll the APX out gradually as XTL gear dies out as has been happening with XTS'. That said I notice that the paid staff have replaced broken radios with their XTS and opted to keep the new lime green APX for themselves (surprise surprise NOT).

I'm just going through updating profiles for XTL's, XTS's, APX, 996 scanner and Icom amateur (the whole show needs updating and errors/bugs squashed).

matthewn1983

Re: NSW RFS Frequencies

Post by matthewn1983 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:10 pm

Radios vary from zone to zone. Our zone is majority APX. Not many XTLs left. Only in older vehicles. Portables are all APX again the XTS that are around are being swapped out fairly quickly. There is also the Taits which also have GRN in them (Red mic)

The only radios with the new profile are the APX8500s.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk