The Lakes and Gosford RFS

RFS, SES, SLSA, VRA, SJA
Adapad

Post by Adapad » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:10 pm

The 2 fire districts merged and it's now called Central Coast District and going to Central Aided Dispatch as of 2nd of May 2017 via state ops

tsunami_australia

Re: The Lakes and Gosford RFS

Post by tsunami_australia » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Can't remember the date thinking around the same time though, Hastings, Greater Taree, Great Lakes & Gloucester are now "Mid Coast". Makes things REALLY interesting in S44 times in the radio room.

Macca

Post by Macca » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:34 am

tsunami_australia wrote:Can't remember the date thinking around the same time though, Hastings, Greater Taree, Great Lakes & Gloucester are now "Mid Coast". Makes things REALLY interesting in S44 times in the radio room.
I agree there will be a lot of unpatching going ahead as the OOC will not be able to cope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macca

Post by Macca » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:37 am

It will be interesting when we get big fire campaigns in these new joined areas the OOC will not be able to handle the load and it will be the same in district in live in.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 am

I have no working knowledge of the RFS, however having a good portion of the States comms on one talkgroup makes for interesting scanning.

Isn’t that the idea behind the OCC to save resources by having one comms centre when there is very little happening or when it is after hours, then pass comms back to areas when the need arises? Surely that is an efficient way to operate comms?
Last edited by Scotty on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Macca

Post by Macca » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:47 am

Scotty wrote:I have no working knowledge of the RFS, however having a good portion of the States comms on one talkgroup makes for interesting scanning.

Isn’t that the idea behind the OOC to save resources by having one comms centre when there is very little happening or when it is after hours, then pass comms back to areas when the need arises? Surely that is an efficient way to operate comms?
I agree , also I heard they want the RFS to work along the same lines as FRNSW ie radio. You just have to look at the new PPC from both services to know there is a merge coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk