Interesting RFS PMR frequencies

RFS, SES, SLSA, VRA, SJA
scanSydney
Site Admin

Interesting RFS PMR frequencies

Post by scanSydney » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Been scouting around the ACMA recently and noticed two additions and changes:
:arrow: 462.8625 (50W) - new at Cowan site, seems to be an Illawarra (Wollongong) repeater. Been listening to Jamberoo 1, Jamberoo PC and Jamberoo Station. No idea why they'd have a frequency up at Cowan. Next repeater down the coast would be Helensburgh, which is a while away.
:arrow: Two new 50W frequencies at Kurrajong Heights and Mount White; possibly the Hornsby upgrade? Been listening in to them, and have heard nothing, so I presume they aren't active yet.

I'm sure if I keep looking there are most strange additions around the place. The Illawarra one is the strangest!

scanSydney
Site Admin

Re: Interesting RFS PMR frequencies

Post by scanSydney » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Actually, possibly disregard the Illawarra note. I've just realised 462.8625 is also active for Knights Hill (near Wollongong), but it sounds crystal clear in Northern Sydney. So either I'm listening to it on Knights Hill and Cowan has it registered but it's dead, or it's actually coming off Cowan. :shock:

centralcoastscanman

Re: Interesting RFS PMR frequencies

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:42 pm

some pmr freqs are also bridged into grn talkgroups that cover a wide area such as RFS OPS COM 2 at one stage was being broadcast on a local pmr freq on the central coast here... then other days the pmr freq would be attached to the local vote group