NSW RFS Pager Capcodes

RFS, SES, SLSA, VRA, SJA
tsunami_australia

Re: NSW RFS Pager Capcodes

Post by tsunami_australia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:02 am

Ok quick update I'm seeing 049xxxx for what seems to be Dumeresq, 066xxxx, 129xxxx as well for somewhere around Dumeresq all seem to be tied in a team or something paging to the same incidents at the same time (seeing Ebor, Pt Lookout, Tingha etc in them codes). Seeing Walcha stuff coming in as 134xxxx.

I'm still compiling the list and seem to almost have MidCoast downpat though some group officers still elude me as they like phoning the groupies for some reason.

I've been building my list on PDW lately (poc2email reasons) rather than poc32 which I do still have for logging but haven't been working on. Once I get some more decent codes worth talking about I'll see if I can find the reverse lookup/ani file for PDW to list here. PDW is also handy in the fact I can colour group things eg RED for stuff I want to confirm, white for local confirmed, blue or something for local broadcast, yellow for ses etc (still working on a colour scheme). I usually just read my emails for whatever comes off the buddy pager system here but was looking through the lists of out of area stuff coming in and it sparked my interest a little again.

BrisbaneScan

Post by BrisbaneScan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:50 am

tsunami_australia wrote:wasn't aware that Urunga and Coffs were seperate for RFS at any time
Back in the 90's and 00's when it wasn't known as the RFS, Urunga was its own district and still has an FCO building, it used to be the Bellingen Local Area and looked after all of the Bellingen shire council boundaries, i cant remember when it changed over to Coffs Harbour but i know it was still operating on its own in 2005 when i left. Good memories from that station.
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)

BrisbaneScan

Post by BrisbaneScan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 am

Bigfella237 wrote: 0150200 Duty Officer? (firecalls for - SANBCH / WOOLGA / SOLTRY / MOONEY brigades)
0150216 Duty Officer? (firecalls for - SANBCH / WOOLGA / SOLTRY / MOONEY brigades)
0150840 Duty Officer? (firecalls for - FERMN / SANBCH / WOOLGA / SOLTRY / MOONEE brigades)
Sandy Beach
Woolgoolga
Solitary
Mooney Beach

dont belong to Bellingen LGA but rather Coffs Harbour LGA, They are FCO's but seem to normally sit down south possibly Group areas
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 pm

I'm thinking if we can at least get a full list of the headers/first 3 numbers for each area and the area it belongs to then we have a lot more chance of narrowing down some calls as I've seen references for dumeresq stuff for example over 3-4 headcodes where locally on the MidCoast we area still split up into the old council area but just under one joined system now.

Farsouthscanner

Post by Farsouthscanner » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

I Have 051 as Eurobodalla brigades and 014 as Bega Valley Brigades

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Are the numbers repeated over each region perhaps then (not that they need to)? UNLESS the re-use came about when they first started setting up pagers and had fewer standards and no real intention or idea at the time of joining all up.

Farsouthscanner

Post by Farsouthscanner » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:28 pm

I have been getting heaps of test pages from 0100000 over the last few days, never seen this before.
The messages say "test only" or "HT test only"
Haven't been getting SES daily test pages lately so might be something to do with that perhaps.

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Probably the intro of the new pager systems. We've been shifted temporarily to Sook for dispatching but apparently it will soon be Noggin or similar for paging and tracking. I saw a reference to OCA as.well but have no ideas what it is though would love to know. There's been suggestion that THE HILLS is using Noggin already.

Farsouthscanner

Post by Farsouthscanner » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:08 pm

tsunami_australia wrote:Probably the intro of the new pager systems.
Your probably right, the area was supposed to go over to the new system on the 11th but I haven't heard anything different, probably related to that.

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Why would you "hear" anything different?

Are you already on GRN? We're having it installed here atm (Mid North Coast) but only the backlinks are going in thus far (been watching the ACMA licenses for the sites to watch it's progression). IF you're on GRN I wouldn't expect you to notice a difference in audio and very little difference in paging traffic as it "should" be routing to the local servers for each area from central dispatch rather than a whole entire all in system. I think the reason I get stuff from the west and Coffs here is I use my TV antenna for my receiver and it faces north but we get a decent signal out of Walcha here as well (I talk from time to time on one of the Walcha 2m amateur repeaters). 90%+ of my traffic I see though is local. The tracking system would use the data component of the GRN (not sure how that works, different talkgroup and radio??????) which you're unlikely to hear.