Scotty wrote:August 2018 Update:

The following updates have been provided by members

CENTRAL COAST
- Merger of Gosford and The Lakes.

MACARTHUR
- GRN only. All PMR gone.

THE HILLS
- GRN now in use. VHF removed.

Seeking confirmation on the following analogue areas. All are still listed on the ACMA database, but I don't know if they are still active (or even in the latest profile):
- Central Coast (Gosford/The Lakes)
- Chifley/Lithgow
- Hunter Valley
- Lower Hunter
Gosford use digital pmr with Grn in the Hawkesbury areas and The Lakes use wholly Grn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scotty

Re: NSW RFS: East Region - All TG's and Frequencies

Post by Scotty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Macca wrote:Gosford use digital pmr with Grn in the Hawkesbury areas and The Lakes use wholly Grn
Thanks Macca.

Any idea if the analogue channels are still available or in the radio profile? As mentioned, they are still on the ACMA, so not sure if they are still there (if required) or if they haven't been removed from the database.

Macca

NSW RFS: East Region - All TG's and Frequencies

Post by Macca » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Scotty
The old analogue channels have been discontinued ,the Central Coast is about 95% GRN and 5% PMR P25.
The new radio tags are Gosford eGo26 is now called CNTCO1 and
The Lakes eG036 is now called CNTCO2. It’s all to do withe the AVL trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 am

Thanks Macca. I had the channels names updates already, but if the analogue is discontinued I might look at removing it completely. Would be good to confirm if that is the case in the other areas where it is still listed on the database.

Macca

Post by Macca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:21 am

Scotty wrote:Thanks Macca. I had the channels names updates already, but if the analogue is discontinued I might look at removing it completely. Would be good to confirm if that is the case in the other areas where it is still listed on the database.
Scotty it’s long gone !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:22 am

Scotty wrote:August 2018 Update:
- Hunter Valley
- Lower Hunter
Apparently both GRN and are both after hours watched by the Nelson Bay marine rescue. I know the main tech person for MR there and have heard some interesting stories about these and their recent upgrade to touchscreen RoIP.

Scotty

NSW RFS: East Region - All TG's and Frequencies

Post by Scotty » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:12 pm

September 2019 Update:

Fire season is here again. Thought I would update the list (I love the odd mid-week day off!).

Mergers/name changes/tags
The following areas have either merged or changed name since the last update. I have updated them to what I believe is now correct. If they are not, let me know:
- The Hills (THILLS) : previously Baulkham Hills
- Northern Beaches (NBEACH) : previously Warringah
- Mid Coast (MDCST1 & MDCST2) : previously Mid Coast/Gloucester/Great Lakes

Wingecarribee and Wollondilly
RFS maps indicate that Wingecarribee and Wollondilly are merged as 'Southern Highlands' - and likely have been for some time. Is this correct, and has it effected the radio usage that can be updated here?

Analog UHF PMR
I have removed all analog UHF PMR channels from the list. Updates from members here and RFS public documents posted on this forum indicate there are no region east analog PMR channels in the current profile. For note only, the following east region areas still have analog UHF PMR channels on the database, so in the unlikely chance they are still used let me know and I can add them again.
- Central Coast
- Chifley/Lithgow
- Hunter Valley
- Lower Hunter

scanSydney
Site Admin

Post by scanSydney » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:45 pm

Scotty wrote:September 2019 Update:

Fire season is here again. Thought I would update the list (I love the odd mid-week day off!).

Mergers/name changes/tags
The following areas have either merged or changed name since the last update. I have updated them to what I believe is now correct. If they are not, let me know:
- The Hills (THILLS) : previously Baulkham Hills
- Northern Beaches (NBEACH) : previously Warringah
- Mid Coast (MDCST1 & MDCST2) : previously Mid Coast/Gloucester/Great Lakes

Wingecarribee and Wollondilly
RFS maps indicate that Wingecarribee and Wollondilly are merged as 'Southern Highlands' - and likely have been for some time. Is this correct, and has it effected the radio usage that can be updated here?

Analog UHF PMR
I have removed all analog UHF PMR channels from the list. Updates from members here and RFS public documents posted on this forum indicate there are no region east analog PMR channels in the current profile. For note only, the following east region areas still have analog UHF PMR channels on the database, so in the unlikely chance they are still used let me know and I can add them again.
- Central Coast
- Chifley/Lithgow
- Hunter Valley
- Lower Hunter
Hi mate.

Can give you the following updates...

- The new GRN channels are as follows (respectively): HILLS, NBEACH, MIDCO1, MIDCO2.

- The Southern Highlands channels have been renamed to SHLD1 and SHLD2. SHLD1 (the old Wollondilly channel) is used between both council areas now. SHLD2 is a spare/used for bigger events/training.

- As far as I'm aware, the only Region East zones which have digital PMR as their primary networks are: Hawkesbury, Mid Coast, Hunter Valley.

Further to the above: Hornsby, Central Coast, Blue Mountains and Chifley/Lithgow have 1 site on digital PMR which is linked to their primary GRN channels...

- Hornsby: Mt White
- Central Coast: Mt White
- Blue Mountains: Narrow Neck
- Chifley/Lithgow: Airly Turret

The rest of the licences for digital PMR in your list other than the above are unused (I think).

Cheers!

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:17 am

Fantastic! Thanks for those corrections. I've put them on the list.

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks. But to correct something there, MIdcoast is divided in 2 then strapped together with a crappy bridge that you can HEAR the difference in ... North is Hastings council and the old Greater Taree City Council with south being the old Great Lakes Council and Gloucester Council. Midcoast council is a combination of Gloucester, Great Lakes and Taree but for some reason (I won't go beyond that as frustration will have me saying something stupid) they also teamed in Hastings council. The stupid thing is because Hastings isn't Mid Coast ... despite the RFS being state based they HAVE to maintain 2 entire control centres because of district council level BS. It's a bloody joke and ... yeah I'll leave it there.