Ambos to encrypt

soupbones

Re: Ambos to encrypt

Post by soupbones » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:01 pm

ivahri wrote: Like it is going to stop ambos or nurses ringing talk-back radio programs? Really! I bet you guys still look under your beds for Reds! To think that encryption would bury anything is beyond paranoid, you guys need help. Opposition politicians & media don't depend on listening to a radio when they get private tip offs from insiders- maybe if you listened to 2GB or 2UE most days you might realise that. When will you get it through your heads... encryption is to stop the bad guys (a) listening and (b) transmitting/interfering. The next step is radio authentication- and that comes in a few years- and then say goodbye to all those stolen or "lost" or cloned radios... Few if anyone gives a stuff about people with scanners listening, but when you have w*nkers running around with handhelds & mobiles programmed with unauthorised talk-groups you shouldn't be surprised people in the agencies are irritated & looking to encryption as a solution.

Richard
Actually I think you need help, for taring the members here with the same brush based on one persons comments. Bit over zealous don't you think? Encryption to stop the bad guys? WTF? What advantage to 'the bad guys' get from listening to the ambulance service? I can think of one whole industry that is going to be majorlly disadvantaged when this happens. It will probably cost jobs and become a major inconvenience to everyone. Truly a stupid thing to say when you tar everyone with the same brush, and think we are all looking for 'reds under the bed. I mean, maybe in the 1980's people did that..... Maybe time to come into the 21st century.
I agree about the wa*kers with the unauthorised radios. But these dickheads come into the same category as ambulance chasers. They need to get a life most of them.
The fact remains is that public services should be accountable and in many cases, open to public scrutiny, and not locked up under a cloak of secrecy that many governments seem to be implementing. No one likes to think that the services their taxes are paying for can be out there doing and saying what they like.
Why you can't see that is beyond me. I suppose being one of their puppets would make you like this in the end.

citabria
Site Admin

Re: Ambos to encrypt

Post by citabria » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Alright guys, enough...

Locked.