Talkgroup 20310

cartman

Talkgroup 20310

Post by cartman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:54 am

Talkgroup 20310 was affiliating to Site 107 Chullora yesterday for several hours during the day
I was able to hear a lot of patched audio from the northern part (New England group) of the Ambulance western sector, which is normally not heard in Sydney

Grant

Car 802-Armidale
Car 815-Barraba
Car 848-Manila
Car 855-Moree
Car 866-Tenterfield
Car 890-Walcha
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

freqwaves

Re: Talkgroup 20310

Post by freqwaves » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Newcastle & Gosford seem to appear down here as well off Beecroft, GPT or HP.
Talkgroups:
Also heard
20309 - Macquarie operations 1
20311 - New England operations 1

John.

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi all, I had to come to Sydney and were stunned on how many ASNSW Tg's were active across the city, I can add 30301 (Illawarra op's) and also 30321 ((Sth East Ops) to that list as well.
cheers
matt
VK2MRC

freqwaves

Post by freqwaves » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Yes,there's alot to lockout at times if you get bored listening to them.
I also hear TG 30302 from Wollongong also.

John.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:37 am

I think that's just the nature of the beast, the GRN I mean...

Years ago if a Far South Coast car was transferring a patient to Sydney they had the choice to either go out of contact or continually chase the local PMR channel as they moved from one area to another, nowadays you just leave it sit on your home talkgroup all the way there and back.

I have no doubt that most days there would be a car from each area in Sydney at least once.

From the system's point-of-view it's a waste of resources, especially if the channel is a busy one, as it more or less ties up one base at the site just for a single user, but you get that in the big jobs!

Andrew

marcellethemonkey

Post by marcellethemonkey » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:51 am

Bigfella237 wrote: From the system's point-of-view it's a waste of resources, especially if the channel is a busy one, as it more or less ties up one base at the site just for a single user, but you get that in the big jobs!
Unfortuantely ASNSW management/policies doesn't understand this concept.

The protocol is to remain on the channel you started the job from (ie. picked up the patient, on scene or at the sending hospital for a transfer).

So a crew transporting a patient from the john hunter to RPA will be on newcastle ops. If when they clear RPA they are needed for a job in sydney, they will be asked by the newcastle dispatcher to call the appropriate sydney channel. Otherwise stay on newc ops the whole way back.

Exception is PMR areas, for eg if Kempsey transports to Port Macquarie they change from the Mid north coast board to outer hunter ops so they can relay hospital delays etc. (with a different dispatcher).

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:20 am

There are pro's and con's to both scenarios, if an out-of-area crew is constantly switching to the local channel/TG then they'll know what's going on around them, maybe even help out if the local cars are getting slammed?

If they stay on their 'home channel' then the GRN cops the extra load of carrying non-local traffic, and if you have multiple out-of-area crews all passing through the same area then that particular GRN site gets swamped.

You could have a common (statewide) channel that all cars switch to once they leave their area, this channel would carry a lot less traffic and not affect the GRN sites so much, but this would mean a dedicated dispatcher solely to manage all the transport cases, I guess StateOps could be used for this purpose too?

But in the end it's not ASNSW's problem, they pays their money to use the GRN so they should be able to use it however they see fit!

Andrew

news

Post by news » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:There are pro's and con's to both scenarios, if an out-of-area crew is constantly switching to the local channel/TG then they'll know what's going on around them, maybe even help out if the local cars are getting slammed?

If they stay on their 'home channel' then the GRN cops the extra load of carrying non-local traffic, and if you have multiple out-of-area crews all passing through the same area then that particular GRN site gets swamped.

You could have a common (statewide) channel that all cars switch to once they leave their area, this channel would carry a lot less traffic and not affect the GRN sites so much, but this would mean a dedicated dispatcher solely to manage all the transport cases, I guess StateOps could be used for this purpose too?

But in the end it's not ASNSW's problem, they pays their money to use the GRN so they should be able to use it however they see fit!

Andrew
That should be the whole point of remote GPS positioning. You would think with the technology in 2016 the ambo control centre has the ability to view the position of all ambo's and PTO's then dispatch a job no matter where they are located.