NSWFB P25 TalkGroups

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: NSWFB P25 TalkGroups

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:22 am

For me, the Adds & Drops stopped at 18:04, then D304 and D306 were patched until 20:54, then I assume the patch was taken off again because I had absolutely no traffic whatsoever until 06:38 (which I assume was just after a shift-change) and I know the sites I monitor were still affiliated with D306.

Most annoying... I had to resort to listening to the PMR!

Andrew

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 pm

........... least you had the PMR
VK2MRC

freqwaves

Post by freqwaves » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Once all the talkgroups are confirmed is someone going to post the list so we don't have to go through 10 to 20 pages?

Thanks, John.

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:49 pm

freqwaves wrote:Once all the talkgroups are confirmed is someone going to post the list so we don't have to go through 10 to 20 pages?

Thanks, John.
G'day John,

Most of the talkgroups are listed on Garry's list in another topic.

Andrew

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Farsouthscanner wrote: ~ A few days ago I used to hear all appliances on TG 10120 so if for example 395 came up on air I could also hear 503 or etc. The TGs were all patched in together.
This morning now it seems that different talkgroups are comming up, mainly 10125 and I think it was 10121 and I can't hear any other areas vehicles. So I can't hear 503, 422 etc. I can always hear the Wollongong comms dispatchers.
If this is a normal situation wouldn't the dispatchers in Wollongong have trouble with different areas appliances talking over each other?
Or is it a fault with the system today?
Mark
I was almost going to post last night that this problem had been fixed as we were once again getting all the traffic over all the talkgroups but it would have been a case of speaking too soon...

Whoever the operator was from the other night must have come back on duty at 08:41 this morning because the "Adds" and "Drops" started all over again! :x

At time of typing, I believe we've again gone back to the regular patch as of 14:19?

Sorry to go on about this but as I'm sure Mark and Matt will agree this is a real PITA! I can see how you would need to split up talkgroups if there was heavy traffic on one in particular but I wish they would stop screwing around with it the rest of the time!

Andrew

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi all, yeah agreed 100% Andrew, depending on what area your travelling thru is what TG or Patch your on. here were back to D306 with the local selected being D304. i think Queanbeyan and Yass are on D301. truly all over the place, and getting quite annoying to say the least.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

BerryV

Post by BerryV » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 pm

RID 226**** has also used TG 10801

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:00 am

There must be an operational reason for what they are doing... and really I don't think nswfb radio dispatchers give a toss about what us scanner listeners want to hear or how much of a PITA it is...

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 am

That is true, but what's happening isn't happening all the time, it seems to be either one operator or one console in particular so I doubt it's being done intentionally? (I could go back through my logs and see if a certain console is always the one associated with the problem but it would take time I don't have to spare at the moment? Next time it happens I will take note of the ID.)

And of course it's not only us scanner listeners, FRNSW appliances on any of the TGs involved are talking over each other (because they can't hear traffic on the other TGs either) so surely that would be an operational reason to fix it?

Anyway, it hasn't happened again since 13:37 yesterday so maybe somebody has twigged already?

Andrew

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 pm

I've let this drift past me for a few days as I really couldn't care how a scanner enthusiast is reacting to a patch or a non-patch or a multiselect. What matters is the impact on the operators & radio users, and yes removing the patches does increase the chance of double mic'ing. But have you thought there might be other reasons for it? Most of the time it is due to plain ol' operator stuff-ups but right now keeping the P25 traffic to a mimimum is another big concern, and maybe unpatching PMR networks reduces this traffic (minutely). There are also other issues going on to do with the new IP links... but get a grip guys! I appreciate the feedback you give & it has helped us out in the past but there is way too much going on that you don't know about to make this little woopsy even worth bothering about. And I'll be at the Gong tomorrow morning so I'm sure I'll find out what is going on...

Cheers,

Richard