Incident Ground channels

Farsouthscanner

Re: Incident Ground channels

Post by Farsouthscanner » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:18 am

Bigfella237 wrote:"Motorola" (a radio tech I assume) has been very busy on the Wollongong and Goulburn channels over the last week or so doing radio and emergency button checks with W/gong comms; I can only guess that they are out there already reprogramming appliance radios in station?

Andrew
I have heard them as well.
I assume there getting ready for the GRN changeover. Everytime I have heard them there hasn't been any PMR data noise at the end of their transmissions so they must be either testing on the GRN or at stations that use the GRN already
I will see when they do from Nowra south as they don't use the GRN there yet. Also around Cooma and the ski areas
Mark

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 am

yeah ive heard them too Andrew, seemed to be around Wollongong last week a fellow coming on up air under the 'Motorola' Callsign. guess its all starting to happen.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi all,

I think I wrote where they were in an earlier post. They start South Coast & Monaro (RS2 & RS1 for those who are familiar with the zones) this week. The work they are doing involves swapping out the earlier firmware radio & heads with current ones (and new heads) and removing external power timers which are fitted to NSWFB appliances. They are also delivering the new handhelds & retrieving the old ones.

Cheers,

Richard

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Longreach wrote:yeah ive heard them too Andrew, seemed to be around Wollongong last week a fellow coming on up air under the 'Motorola' Callsign. guess its all starting to happen.
cheers
Matt
aka Pommy Lee... not a bad guy for a pom...

cheers

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi all, yeah he was a pom, strong accent :)
Matt
VK2MRC

Farsouthscanner

Post by Farsouthscanner » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks for that info Richard, look forward to hearing Lee down this way
Mark

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Chrisco wrote:Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Someone confirmed/make corrections to the tags
Chrisco,

Nearly correct Mate, Scania Truck Comm's Layout as below

JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:25 pm

I might add that the "GRN radio" is a Motorola XTL5000 with an O5 (or Odyssey 5) control head and the "Fire Ground Radio" is a Moto XTL2500

The third mic JAFO might be able to fill ya in on, possibly the PA (if that grey thing on the front is even a mic)?

Nice setup though...

Andrew

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:59 pm

JAFO, so have you got MDTs in your trucks yet? Interested to know where they will be mounted.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:44 am

It'll definitely be over in front of the SO's chair somewhere... If I had my choice I'd have the thing installed in the back seat!

As a driver you wouldn't want the screen anywhere near ya, it's hard enough already dodging idiots who do STUPID things when they hear a siren coming without the glare of a monitor to contend with as well! (Sorry, my pet hate is when people have a little panic attack and just stop in the middle of the road in front of you, and it's always where there's one of those damn fences down the medium strip that councils are so fond of puting up!)

Andrew