alarm protocol updates

greg

alarm protocol updates

Post by greg » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Standard Operational Guideline – Alarm response protocols

The following Standard Operational Guideline (SOG) has been published on the Intranet.

SOG 2.3 Alarm response protocols (Version 02)

This SOG rescinds Standard Operational Guideline No 2.3, Alarm response protocols (Version A).

The major changes to the SOG are:

• the splitting of ‘Non-Structure Incidents’ into specific Alarm Response Protocols for Bush/Grass Fires, Hazmat Incidents and Rescue Incidents

• aligning the Incident Management Team response to the Recommended Practice

• the optional response of the Incident Control Vehicle at 3rd Alarm

• the inclusion of a dedicated Pumper to provide a Rapid Intervention Team

• clarification for the recording of Alarm levels for incidents where NSWFB and RFS units are in attendance.

The SOG also incorporates other changes that were introduced following a previous review in 2007, including:

• a confirmed high-rise fire receives a mandatory 2nd Alarm, down from a 3rd Alarm

• a dedicated BA/Hazmat unit responds to 3rd Alarm Structure Fires and above, instead of 2nd Alarms.

JAFO

Re: alarm protocol updates

Post by JAFO » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:57 pm

I like the new 1st Alarm Grass/Bush Fire Call Protocols that has 2x Pumps or Tankers put on as a 1st Response to grass fires - not.

It has not started yet, but it will be interesting when it does. I can see the Response ending up being 1 NSWFB & 1x RFS Tanker in our area, so I can see the local RFS Volunteers being happy for the first month or two with the extra calls, but it will be interesting to see how long they will remain happy being up all night chasing small grass fires around Sydney’s fingers all year round.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT