Punter finds a FRNSW radio..

Mike Alpha

Punter finds a FRNSW radio..

Post by Mike Alpha » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Anyone hear the bloke call up on Sydney Fire comms channel 103 today and say he's found a radio?
Went something like....
Bloke - "hello, I've found a radio"
Operator - "This is Sydney Fire comms, can you repeat your last message"?
Bloke - "yeah, I think one of the cops has left his radio at X address" (I assume he thinks it"s a cop radio)
Operator - "thank you. can you please take it to your nearest post office which isn't far from your current location and we'll organise someone to pick it up"
Bloke - "ok" ....long pause....."do I get a reward?"
Operator - "you will be rewarded with a big thankyou so leave your name with the radio"
Bloke - "no worries, I was just joking about the reward"

Mike

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: Punter finds a FRNSW radio..

Post by Bigfella237 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 pm

I found an FRNSW radio myself a while ago, our RFS brigade turned out to yet another AFA at a local retirement home (burnt toast yet again), went downstairs to the panel and I started hearing voices, turned around and one of the FR crew had left a portable on the table, still running!

Went past their station to drop it off and nobody had even realised it was missing... should'a kept it in our truck instead... ;)

Andrew

JAFO

Re: Punter finds a FRNSW radio..

Post by JAFO » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:17 am

Wouldn't had been the first time and won't be the last, and the fact the Comm's Operator told the individual to go to a Post Office . . . well one might say there seems to be a well planned recovery system inplace.

Even my Station has misplaced a couple, one being handed into the local Police station after being found on the road, only problem it had undergone modifications to be reduced in bulk after being run over a thew times, didn't seem to sound the same after that.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT