FRNSW "FIRE STUDY"

cartman

FRNSW "FIRE STUDY"

Post by cartman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Was looking for what the "tango" suffix meant with FRNSW pumpers and stumbled across this rich source of information

http://firestudy.weebly.com/

FRNSW STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
http://firestudy.weebly.com/sogs.html

and a host of other information

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

JAFO

Re: FRNSW "FIRE STUDY"

Post by JAFO » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:50 am

They would want to hope FRNSW / NSW Government don't go searching to find who provided the Departments Material, such as the SOG's and other documents.

Most of this FRNSW and I would say RFS Documents on these sites are in fact 'Controlled Documents, only the Act, Regulations & Awards are Public Documents, most of the other stuff is in fact 'Staff in Confidence' and should not be available anywhere outside the Departments own internal Intranet Network without strict permission.

FRNSW Members have remote access to this material and the individual/'s who provided such material could face Department Action under the FRNSW & RFS Act's, and under Barry O'Farrell new 'Government Sector Employment Act 2013', which could result in their employment being terminated as a bare minim.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:02 pm

JAFO if anyone doesn't believe you I know first hand that care needs to be taken if you are employed by one of these agencies... it might not bite you as described, but you can have a whole heap of aggravation come down on you. It is not fun having to justify your own comments based on community interest when the Conditions of Employment clearly state that you must not make public comment or share information without authority. My advice to anyone is tread very carefully...

Cheers

Richard

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:46 pm

freedom of speech does not exist with our employer . . .
ivahri wrote:JAFO if anyone doesn't believe you I know first hand that care needs to be taken if you are employed by one of these agencies... it might not bite you as described, but you can have a whole heap of aggravation come down on you. It is not fun having to justify your own comments based on community interest when the Conditions of Employment clearly state that you must not make public comment or share information without authority. My advice to anyone is tread very carefully...

Cheers

Richard
JAFO
VK2FGQ

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:04 pm

JAFO wrote:freedom of speech does not exist with our employer . . .
ivahri wrote:JAFO if anyone doesn't believe you I know first hand that care needs to be taken if you are employed by one of these agencies... it might not bite you as described, but you can have a whole heap of aggravation come down on you. It is not fun having to justify your own comments based on community interest when the Conditions of Employment clearly state that you must not make public comment or share information without authority. My advice to anyone is tread very carefully...

Cheers

Richard
It does no exist with any government department, I had a member of this forum ring up my former employer when i was working for them to put in a complaint that i was making comments about the problems with the radio system we used. The boss that took the complaint knew all about them as i had been liasing with him so he wrote the complaint off but agree 100% govt people watch your rear end's

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am

I've been pulled in twice over stuff I have posted on this forum, once over our Greater Alarm Response Protocol, so I know the powers above do watch or have their goonies do the watching for them as well.

With our mob, it is surprising just how little many of our members know about the GRN and how it works and it's limitations, and for some of them when you raise safety issues, in the public zone or through departmental lines or make claims or complaints about the system they pull the security shutters up to protect themselves and then use the Department's 'Staff in Confidence' crap againts those who complain.

I once look at my Department as a great service, now after 25 years with them I see it more as every man for himself once you get above station level.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:37 am

JAFO wrote:I've been pulled in twice over stuff I have posted on this forum, once over our Greater Alarm Response Protocol, so I know the powers above do watch or have their goonies do the watching for them as well. With our mob, it is surprising just how little many of our members know about the GRN and how it works and it's limitations, and for some of them when you raise safety issues, in the public zone or through departmental lines or make claims or complaints about the system they pull the security shutters up to protect themselves and then use the Department's 'Staff in Confidence' crap againts those who complain. I once look at my Department as a great service, now after 25 years with them I see it more as every man for himself once you get above station level.
Grant, irrespective of whether it is FRNSW, Health or in my case the railways all government agencies are the same. With me it was the railways, a manger determined to preserve her own position devised a plan to reduce staff numbers, making significant savings and therefore looking good in front of her superiors. She was so good at her job, her entire department was abolished and she lost her job. As you said, every man (or woman) for himself (or herself). As I am now retired I can sit back and laugh, I just feel for those who are left behind because one person put their well being above everyone elses.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!