Transferred!

JAFO

Transferred!

Post by JAFO » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:23 am

Hi all,

Well its been a while since my last visit - I lost the site, but now it is found

Well a little news, well after 8 years on the Relieving Staff (27 Stn & 97 Stn) I am now a Permanent Member of ‘B’ Platoon at 78 Station Dunheved. Was transfered during my Annual Leave and started at 78 on Sunday the 12th of October, so will be able to ride my pushbike to work and get fit again.

On a really good note, 78 Dunheved re-located into our New Temporary Fire Station on Tuesday 21st, a factory Unit located in Plasser Court in North St Marys. We have been told this will be a Temporary Fire Station for around 5 years till the New Fire Station site becomes available to be built on in the Robes Crossing Estate (the former ADI Site), will have to wait and see.

Now a new Challenge, dealing with crap callouts again, 3 or 4 grass fires every day during summer, regular house fires and Primary Rescue Training!
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

kevnerd486

Re: Transferred!

Post by kevnerd486 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Thanks for the news Grant,

What was wrong witthe old station that they had to move in to a temp one?

Regards

Kev

JAFO

Re: Transferred!

Post by JAFO » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:37 pm

kevnerd486 wrote:Thanks for the news Grant,

What was wrong witthe old station that they had to move in to a temp one?

Regards

Kev
Kev,

The Minister for Planning about 2 years ago approved a Chemical Recycling Plant to be built next door to the old Fire Station.

At the time, he boasted it would be the largest Chemical Recycling Plant in the southern hemisphere and stated that the location was ideal, as it was within 25 meters of a neighbouring Fire Station which would allow for a quick and speedy response to any Chemical Spill that may occur.

The problem with his decision, is that Australian Fire Authorities Guidelines for spills within such Chemical Recycling Plants is for a Isolation Zone of 40 meters to be established, meaning the Old Fire Station, Fire Appliances and Firefighters would in fact be within the Contamination Zone and would be in need of rescuing and needing Decontaminating as well :shock: , so making the Station and crew useless in the event of a chemical spill :lol: .

Thus we moved in to New Temporary Accommodation on Tuesday :D .
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT