[QLD] Government Wireless Network (QLDGWN)

MMR, RMR, SAGRN, GWN, NTESTN, WAERN
BrisbaneScan

Re: [QLD] Government Wireless Network (GWN)

Post by BrisbaneScan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:32 am

Bigfella237 wrote:Common sense says the deadline for getting these GWN Hospital sites operational would've been the Commonwealth Games (?) and if that's true shouldn't they all be working by now?

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything new appear on the peer lists on other sites etc.?

Andrew
I dont actively watch GWN anymore, alot of infrastructure changes were put off until after the comm games. next time im around any of the IBC Sites ill have a looksy.
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:04 pm

I still have UniTrunker monitoring the GWN, I don't think any of the IBC sites are operational as yet, no new peers on sites I can rx. One exception is 148 (COW), I can just get it from the inner north (when the wind is right), going by its peers I think it is south side somewhere, possibly infill for the Games:

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:28 pm

I forgot...when on the Sunshine Coast a few weeks ago I did go to the new hospital to see if the IBC was operational, it wasn't but they were running a COW at the hospital, site 249, it was setup on the southern side of the hospital:

And some pics of the actual COW for those interested:

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Very interesting, love ya work Wonky!

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Yeah, good pics Wonky. I know what a COW looks like now.

Mike

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

No worries Mike,

I believe they have 3 of the COW's (Cells on Wheels), but have heard they might also have what are called Calve's (seriously :roll: ) which are not full trunking setups but smaller standalone repeater trailers.

cartman

QLD] Government Wireless Network (GWN) SES to move over

Post by cartman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Queensland SES to transition to GWN
Friday, 15 June, 2018

South-east Queensland’s State Emergency Service (SES) groups will soon have access to enhanced communication capabilities, under a $15 million Palaszczuk government 2018–19 Budget investment.

Fire and Emergency Services Minister Craig Crawford today announced that 79 SES groups will transition to radios on the Government Wireless Network (GWN).
Crawford said the funding was included in Queensland Fire and Emergency Services’ (QFES) record $702 million 2018–19 budget.
He said SES groups — from the border with New South Wales, out to Toowoomba and north to Gympie — will transition to the GWN over the next two years.
“Firefighters, police and paramedics are already using the GWN, which is a secure digital communication network that allows multiple agencies to operate on a single channel,” Crawford said.
“We’ve seen the benefits of GWN-equipped radios due to increased coverage and reduced communication black spots, and I’m pleased to see the SES will begin using the network.
“This substantial investment means the SES will be able to fully integrate with other agencies during incidents, ensuring all of our fire and emergency services are operating from a single communication network.
“We ask a lot of our SES in times of need, so it is only right the Palaszczuk government provides the support they need to keep Queenslanders safe,” Crawford said.

QFES Deputy Commissioner Mike Wassing said streamlining interagency communication was essential for the SES, as groups were often tasked to assist other agencies.
“Placing emergency services on a single channel will further assist with communication and coordination of resources and give responders greater visibility of an incident,” he said.

Wassing said GWN radios included important safety measures to protect QFES personnel.
“At any time, someone using a GWN-enabled radio can press what is known as a duress button to call for help,” he said.
“This will put them in direct contact with our central communication centre and alert others on the GWN network, giving QFES greater capability to provide immediate aid and support when needed.”

Wassing said the GWN had built-in protections to ensure only fire and emergency service personnel could use the network.
“The GWN provides end-to-end encryption to stop third parties tuning in to the channel,” he said. “This prevents interruptions and privacy breaches, while ensuring responders can focus on the task of keeping the public safe.”

Read more: http://criticalcomms.com.au/content/pub ... z5IqCylVCq

https://www.criticalcomms.com.au/conten ... z5IpGgPeOE
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

rustynswrail

Re: QLD] Government Wireless Network (GWN) SES to move over

Post by rustynswrail » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:47 pm

cartman wrote:“Firefighters, police and paramedics are already using the GWN, which is a secure digital communication network that allows multiple agencies to operate on a single channel,” Crawford said.

Going to get very busy on that single channel (sic)!

Boof headed politicians.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Finally true interoperability...put 4 services on one channel for the whole SE

Radio_Australia

[QLD] Government Wireless Network (GWN)

Post by Radio_Australia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Cheers