Police radio and other equipment recovered.

matthewn1983

Police radio and other equipment recovered.

Post by matthewn1983 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Man charged after stolen police equipment located - St Helens Park

Wednesday, 12 October 2011 08:44:55 AM

A man has been arrested and charged after allegedly stealing and attempting to sell police equipment.

As a result of investigations, about 3pm yesterday (Tuesday 11 October 2011), police attended a house in St Helens Park and conducted a search warrant.

At the premises police allegedly located stolen equipment including a police radio, a torch, a GPS unit and strobe lights out of a police vehicle.

A 32-year-old man was arrested and taken to Campbelltown Police Station where he was charged with four counts of receiving and one count of stealing.

He was granted conditional bail to appear in Campbelltown Local Court on 2 November 2011.

The NSW Police Professional Standards Command is continuing their investigations into the matter

centralcoastscanman

Re: Police radio and other equipment recovered.

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:18 pm

knowing how the professional standards command works they will probly try and accuse a serving member of giving the police equipment to the guy they recovered it from..

from what i can gather quite alot of equipment goes missing simply by people stealing it from police cars...

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah thats correct, I was told of a case just recently (6 months~) where a caged vehicle was at a job in Rosemeadow and there was a short foot pursuit, officers didn't get a chance to secure the car, or thought they did, either way, was free for all for the locals. I think they managed to get most of it back with threats of raiding certain peoples houses...

freqwaves

Post by freqwaves » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:48 pm

If I drive through these suburbs I lock my doors,especially at night & don't under estimate the age of the offenders.

alphamike

Post by alphamike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Another today,

Man charged after allegedly selling police equipment - Illawarra

Friday, 21 October 2011 03:08:27 PM

A man has been arrested and charged after allegedly selling police equipment.

As a result of investigations, about 10.30am yesterday (Thursday 20 October 2011), police attended a house in Mt Warrigal to speak with the occupant and allegedly located a quantity of cannabis at the premises.

A 27-year-old man was arrested and taken to Lake Illawarra Police Station.

Police will allege the man acquired a number of NSW Police ballistic vests and police car radios and on-sold them.

He was subsequently charged with two counts of receiving prohibited weapons without authority, two counts of sell prohibited weapons without authority, two counts of receiving, supply cannabis and possess cannabis.

He was granted conditional bail to appear in Wollongong Local Court on Tuesday 6 December 2011.

The NSW Police Professional Standards Command is continuing their investigations into the matter.

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 pm

I can say that the value on the street for a ballistic vest is around $2000. Almost more popular then an actual radio.

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:48 am

.... for certain types anyway
VK2MRC