Bring back Bumper Farrell

rustynswrail

Bring back Bumper Farrell

Post by rustynswrail » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Was listening to Bus Radio. A driver called to say that he had a male passenger onboard that could not be woken. Control advised him to take the bus with errant passenger to XYZ (anonymous for good reason) police station so that the police officer on duty could wake and remove the sleeping passenger.

Driver duly complied. A short time later the driver called to say that he was at XYZ police station however the door was locked. He was trying to get the attention of the police officer inside. After a few moments, control called the driver to say that the police officer was inside but was not coming out in case the sleeping passenger was drunk and or violent.

I have worn a blue suit as well as a khaki one, so can speak with some authority, too scared to come out of the police station - how paethetic is that? Makes you wonder what is being taught at Goulburn?

I am not suggesting that anyone should put themselves in a position of danger or be subjected to undue violence, but as a police officer surely there is an expectation that when required you will step up and do your job and not hide behind a locked door. Or is it the case that some are only tough when mob handed?

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

soupbones

Re: Bring back Bumper Farrell

Post by soupbones » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:50 pm

That is terrible, if I were that bus driver I would be ringing the inspector up for that area and telling him what happened.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:41 pm

oh yeah for sure... unless the officer in the station was on restricted duties which is the only possible reason why he would not come out...

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:41 pm

wow we really are breeding the softc**k officer. thats just wrong,
we really are going way way too PC now give the police back their rights,
im with you rusty its just wrong.
cant wait to hear whats next.
Matt
VK2MRC

Chrisco

Post by Chrisco » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:46 pm

so what did the copper do inside the cop shop do to help call PAL (police assistance line)
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:52 pm

either that or put a job over the radio for a car crew to attend...

If i recall there was something in the media some time back from western sydney where people were robbing places that were just up the road from a police station that only had one officer.... Really like 1 officer is going to foil an armed holdup they would just put an urgent job over for a car crew to attend...