Digital rollout has started Channel Q,Y and Z

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: Digital rollout has started Channel Q

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:22 pm

ross85 wrote: ~ Not sure why they are doing it this way this time compared to northern and southern region, at a guess to save time because they are running well behind schedule. ~
The problem is not the infrastructure, the delay in the past has been in getting the radio fleet (all the cars & portables) updated, but they obviously had a head start this time around.

I would guess that VKG will continue to TX in the clear until the entire channel is digital, unless they split the analog areas onto a spare console then patch that into the digital area?

Andrew

ross85

Post by ross85 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:05 am

I believe the delay this time was an issue with Motorola and the licensing, what the exact problem was I don't know. Yep its just a matter of upgrading each vote group and when the last vote group is digitized then the channel will be encrypted.

ross85

Post by ross85 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 am

Digital has started to roll out to the other two remaining channel's Y and Z. Channel Yankee has seen Dubbo, Nyngan and Warren sectors completed. With the Parkes, Forbes sectors completed on Zulu yesterday.

Most of the New England PD has been upgraded with only the Moree and Bogabilla sectors remaining, Moree likely to go over next week. Channel Q should be encrypted by November.