ESO 10 Enough already

freqwaves

Re: ESO 10 Enough already

Post by freqwaves » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:42 pm

When i've had enough of listening to it I just lock it out of my scanner.It regulary pops up on Horsley Park site.

John.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Scotty wrote:
matthewn1983 wrote:The only group of users who are actually meant to use the channel are aircraft for search and rescue purposes?
Just on that, I had a search through my UT logs and the ambulance helicopters appear to still be using ESO10 regularly.

Seems the channel is needed for legitimate purposes, they just need to restrict access to those large number of SES and RFS radio who use it as nothing more than a 'scanner'.
RFS have no legitimate need
You are correct they are just using it as a scanner, but i guess since its an ESO Channel the NOCC don't want to start disabling radios so they cannot monitor that channel even if that is possible

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:22 am

Bigfella237 wrote:I've always wondered why SES crews need to report directly to VKG anyway... Fire & Rescue don't, Ambulance Rescue don't, all are SRB accredited and all are attending the same type of job?

Andrew

Police & FRNSW CommCent's can assign jobs and communicate direct with each other via the Emergency Service CAD system, so no need for phone calls between Police Radio Rooms & FRNSW Comm's Centres.

Rescue call-outs are just sent via the ESCAD by Police to either Sydney or Newcastle Comm's Centres, and the FSNSW Operator just responds with an Acknowledgement of the job, and in most cases the ESCAD just responds the nearest FRNSW Rescue Crews.

Believe the same System is in place and available between all services, just a matter of patching it in between each Services (SES, RFS, ASNSW ect) State Communication Centre service as needed.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT