DSDPlus Fast Lane users

Wonky

DSDPlus Fast Lane users

Post by Wonky » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi,

Is anyone using the fast lane release of DSDPlus (1.092). I have recently signed up for the lifetime releases.

My networks, groups, frequencies, radios and sites files are all configured and working without any problems. I am now trying to get FMP going, but the batch file configurations have got me a bit stumped. I have read the multiple threads on RR, which has made my head hurt even more :?

If anyone could help with their batch file configuration setups it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BrisbaneScan

Re: DSDPlus Fast Lane users

Post by BrisbaneScan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:48 pm

FMP has four command line so for my setup it is as follows

First - TCP Port
Second - DVB-T Device Number
Third - PPM for the DVB-T Device
Fourth - Initial Frequency
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Thanks BS, so that is to have it as the cc? and you then have a second DVB stick for the vc?

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:20 pm

Is fast lane worth getting or are you effectively the Beta testers??
I am happy with DSDPlus 1.074, though the software still has its moments ... it sometimes stops or hangs
I know DSDPlus doesnt like Simulcast - ie the "wide" P25 channels like 469.1500 where there are about a dozen metropolitan sites
I often use Eric Cottrell's WinDSDv2 alongside DSDPlus... Citabria told me that the code is better compiled ... WinDSDv2 has no problems handling Simulcast
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

BrisbaneScan

Post by BrisbaneScan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:15 am

for me the fact that i can trunk track with two Dongles is kind of nice however it would be each to there own, i also believe that we are beta testers and some significant progress has been made already with the addition of TCP instead of requiring a virtual audio cable.

as for simulcasting i havent come across the issue mind you i dont have any P25 simulcasting nearby to safely comment on that
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 pm

I think you are right Cartman, fast lane users are essentially beta testers. But for the $25 USD ($36AUS thanks to paypal) I think it was well worth it.

I find v1.92 sounds better than 1.74 and the ability to trunk TIII systems such as Orion and Metwide and especially the soon to be introduced Qld Rail TIIII system was very appealing. The recovered audio while tracking the Wilkes Knob site on the Orion system at the moment is excellent.

And with the GWN starting shortly up here, that takes the three ESO's off the listening radar.

As for simulcasting, I can't comment on how 1.92 performs. It does work well on the conventional SLSQ Nexedge system too.

If you are happy with 1.74 and the occasional problem it might have then perhaps stick with it.