Whistler TRX-1 settings for NSW GRN

OnAir

Re: Whistler TRX-1 settings for NSW GRN

Post by OnAir » Sun May 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Apologies for the delayed reply, I was interstate for work.

RE the question is the T light flashing when you scan?

Cheers
Jeff

OnAir

Post by OnAir » Sun May 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Not sure what happened on my last reply. It should have read..;

Apologies for the delayed reply, I was interstate for work.

RE the question is the T light flashing when you scan? - NO it is not. Just the "S" icon.

Cheers
Jeff

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon May 22, 2017 10:58 am

There should be a bold T where the S is flashing. it will flash on and off. If its not there then its not tracking. I'd say it has no bandplan to go off.
Make sure your trunk tables are on autofill as it needs to get the bandplan off the control channel. The standard bandplans arn't suitable for the GRN.
Let us know how you go.
Cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

OnAir

Post by OnAir » Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 am

thanks for the help. I think I'll create a new config from start and see how I go.

Cheers

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:42 pm

I have successfully programmed a P25 system in the TRX-1 using the software, but I'm having strange decoding issues. It decodes the TG audio, but in the background I'm getting the undecoded audio at the same time and just as loud. Happens with DMR decoding as well.

Is this a faulty scanner? I've checked all audio and agc settings.

Mike

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:20 am

My PRO-668 has a very similar interface to the TRX series and I've had problems getting it to track GRN properly - it doesn't seem to the strongest site in the site list - just picks whatever site it feels like, even if its a very weak site that doesn't decode properly. It really sucks when your fancy scanner sits there on a marginal site spitting out audio you can't understand, and it refuses to track a better site that's closer and stronger..

kevnerd486

Post by kevnerd486 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 am

Mike Alpha wrote:I have successfully programmed a P25 system in the TRX-1 using the software, but I'm having strange decoding issues. It decodes the TG audio, but in the background I'm getting the undecoded audio at the same time and just as loud. Happens with DMR decoding as well.

Is this a faulty scanner? I've checked all audio and agc settings.

Mike
I've had a TRX-1 for over a year and never experienced that issue. Mine seems to work great on the GRN but i am only listing to my local site (Kurrajong). I have noticed that the wildcard TG setting works different than the Uniden ID search, it seems to only show TG that are not in your TG details tab in your programming.

Regards

Kev

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:38 pm

You can view and listen to the issue I've got here - TRX-1 DECODE ISSUE

Have I done something wrong in the programming or settings?

Mike

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:54 am

Thats awesome! Voice and digital baseband at the same time!

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:50 am

Mike Alpha wrote:I have successfully programmed a P25 system in the TRX-1 using the software, but I'm having strange decoding issues. It decodes the TG audio, but in the background I'm getting the undecoded audio at the same time and just as loud. Happens with DMR decoding as well. Is this a faulty scanner? I've checked all audio and agc settings. Mike
Generally speaking DMR audio is best when AGC is not enabled. I program a lot of DMR radios and the best method is to have as few bells and whistles switched on as is possible.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!