Whister updates

Longreach

Whister updates

Post by Longreach » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:49 am

With thanks to RR and Whister for the info.

TRX-1 and TRX-2 PC App

Version 3.3 - March 1, 2017
•Corrected an issue with creating a new system during the import from the library process where encrypted channels were not being imported when the option to do so was enabled. This required changing how the app handled these settings internally which means that anytime the import options are changed and the OK button is selected on that screen, the selected options will be saved and used until changed.

•Updated all supported bandplans.

•Changed how the app handles entry of frequencies. Previously the app would verify a frequency to make sure it fit the scanner's bandplan and step size within that range. The app now will verify that the frequency is in the scanner's frequency range and then round off the entered frequency to the nearest frequency that matches the bandplan if necessary.

•Added the ability to sort the system listing on the Trunked Systems tab. This feature will sort the list by clicking on the column header. This action only changes the order that systems are displayed, it will not actually change the order of systems on disk.

•Updated informational message when checking for all updates.
•Corrected tab order and tab stops in the library import areas.
•Moved the Import and Clear buttons to the middle of the screens in the library import area.

TRX-1 and TRX-2 CPU

Version 5.2 - March 1, 2017
•IMPORTANT: You must update to the latest version of the TRX-1 PC software before installing this firmware update

•Add 'tune mode' via Fn+0

•Added 'search for objects' via Fn+9

•Fix garbage characters when key locked/unlocked message clears

•Changes to CAN and UK bandplans

•Distinct tones when enabling/disabling scan lists in menus

•Bug fix in 'update from library' when CONV objects have been deleted

•Fixed problem with audio after entering Playback mode via Fn+6

•Fixed problem with talkgroup and radio IDs in NXDN playback

•Zeromatic enhancements

•Code size reductions

And this in the search function
When in Limit search, i found check boxes for <P25,X2,DMR,NXDN>
VK2MRC

Pumper_50

Re: Whister updates

Post by Pumper_50 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Am I seeing this right? They've removed the Australian bandplan option they introduced on the units on the previous update.

I was surprised not see the Australian option added on the PC software this time round but now the option of selecting it via the units menu has dissappeared.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Regards,
Pumper_50

http://vicradiozone.com

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:35 pm

The Aust bandplan is still in the scanner but not yet introduced into Ez Scan yet.
My guess is still they're getting it right before introduction.
If you notice they have brought they freq step down to 3.25khz so it should be an issue
VK2MRC

Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Are you sure? I know it was in the unit as part of the previous update and excluded from EzScan, however as part of the just released updates for the firmware it is missing from the units now also.

I know of another who has reported the same issue.

Regards,
Pumper_50

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Your right it has disappeared. It did ask me when i powered up after CPU V5.2 what bandplan i wanted and chose Aus.
Strange but anyway.
VK2MRC

Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:03 am

After my update I only had USA, UK and Canada as an option.

Regards,
Pumper_50

cartman

Post by cartman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:33 pm

Despite the latest firmware issue I am super impressed with the TRX-1 (i acquired one at the start of the week) .... it really does a magnificent job .... slowly learning day by day how to fly this beastie
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

kevnerd486

Post by kevnerd486 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 am

cartman wrote:Despite the latest firmware issue I am super impressed with the TRX-1 (i acquired one at the start of the week) .... it really does a magnificent job .... slowly learning day by day how to fly this beastie
They are a great bit of kit, lots to learn and it's very much in continuous development with upgrades adding new features. Just found out how to turn on TG display on conventional DMR.

Thinking of getting a TRX-2 for the car now!

Regards

Kev

Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 am

cartman wrote:Despite the latest firmware issue I am super impressed with the TRX-1 (i acquired one at the start of the week) .... it really does a magnificent job .... slowly learning day by day how to fly this beastie
Agree 100%

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Regards,
Pumper_50