New TRX-1 owner

kevnerd486

New TRX-1 owner

Post by kevnerd486 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:40 am

Hi All,

Currently traveling around the USA and before I left home had to decide which new DMR cable scanner to buy.
After much consultation ( thx R) I decided to get a TRX-1. So far enjoying it very much, it was waiting at our hotel in Oshkosh when we arrived thanks to UPS and using the onboard databases that is preload it was only a couple minutes before I was scanning all the many freq for the weeklong Airshow here that we are attending.

Using the Spectrum Sweep feature on the first day I was quickly able to find a few DMR freq that where being used at the show that we're not in the database. Got them loaded and very impressed with the DMR audio, defiantly better than DSDplus ( not bagging DSD though because a its audio is good for a SDR).

The four AA batteries have given me at least 12 hours continuous use. Some have complained that the rubber case is hard to remove but I've found if you pop of the bottom corners first it comes of quite easy.

Looking forward to programing up the many DMR trucked systems back home in Sydney on return

Regards

Kev

Longreach

Re: New TRX-1 owner

Post by Longreach » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:45 am

How do you find it decoding the DMR vs P25 Kev?

Cheers
VK2MRC

kevnerd486

Post by kevnerd486 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:11 pm

Haven't really had time to compare yet, mainly listing to air show stuff while I'm here this week. It will get a full work out once back home. But the couple of DMR channels here at the Airshow sound pretty good.

Regards

Kev

cartman

Post by cartman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Plus you have the prospect of Nxdn decoding capability being added "soon" in the firmware updates along with the usual bug fixes. I am going to wait until i travel to the Us in a years time (august 2017 eclipse of the sun) before i buy one
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview