UniTrunker - Importing after upgrade

Scotty

UniTrunker - Importing after upgrade

Post by Scotty » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:42 pm

I upgraded UniTrunker today from version 19 to 23. I now have the problem where the program has created a new system for each network (eg the GRN - BEE00-2D1) and none of my data from old system under version 19 has transferred over to the new system under version 23. I've tried the export/import funtion, but it doesn't allow me to select a specific file.

Has anybody had similar problems previously and any suggestions how I can fix the problem? From memory this happened last time I updated versions, but I didn't have as much information last time so didn't really care.

I can't find any info on the Unitrunker site or through Google, but there must be a way around this annoying little bug.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: UniTrunker - Importing after upgrade

Post by Bigfella237 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:54 pm

G'day Scotty,

If I remember correctly V.19 didn't use the .msi installer package which I'm guessing is where your problem lies... anyway, it should be a simple fix, just find the folder where you had V.19 installed and copy the "Unitrunker.xml" file over to the directory where V.23 runs. You may also want to copy the "ColorWords.xml" file across as well if you'd previously set up screen colours etc.?

Andrew

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

I just has a look through my downloads folder and v19 was indeed a .msi install.

In regards to the folder locations, V23 installed straight over the top of V19 and all the files you mentioned are already in the folder. When I open up UniTunker I can view the 'old' systems as well as edit all the info in them. But when I turn on the scanner and track the same system (eg again, GRN) a new system is created, with none of the information from the old system such as my tagged RID's/TG's etc. Does that make sense?

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:34 pm

I should confirm that a new system is only created with the GRN APCO25 system (BEE00-2D1), not the 800MHz trunked systems, they are using the same systems as V19. This makes the problem even stranger!

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:52 pm

DOH! So much for the "simple fix" :roll:

Sounds like you have a weird problem, are both GRN systems shown on the system tab or only the new one (without data) and are they identical? If so, what happens if you simply delete the new system?

Failing that, if you open your "Unitrunker.xml" file (right-click and open with... say notepad) the first line of the system info should be "<System id="BEE002D1" type="APCO P25" label="NSWGRN" first="20091029062049" last="20110830063759">" or simular?

I assume you now have two of these systems (the one with the data and the new one without)? Not sure how familiar you are with editing .xml but I would just copy all the info from the old system (everything between the line mentioned above and the next "</System>") into the new system, restart UT and see what happens?

Obviously you will want to create a backup file first!

Andrew

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:Sounds like you have a weird problem, are both GRN systems shown on the system tab or only the new one (without data) and are they identical? If so, what happens if you simply delete the new system?
Yep, both systems are shown on the 'Systems' tab, both have exactly the same system data (ID, Type, etc), but the old system no longer updates, only the new system, which means none of my RID/TG info from the old system is available.

I deleted the new system, rebooted the computer and restarted the program (in case it required restarting to load correctly). No luck, another new system appears (exactly the same as the old one) and begins logging new data all over again.

From the time is the 'Last' column tt appears the old system stopped logging when the program was last shut down before being updated, and that it is now not recognised as the same system so a new one is created.

As you suggested I might have to edit the .xml file and see if I can 'fix' it that way!

Sigint

Post by Sigint » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Scotty wrote:I can't find any info on the Unitrunker site or through Google, but there must be a way around this annoying little bug.
Why don't you post your query under the "Trunking Control Channel Decoding" Topic on Radioreference, as the author of UniTrunker is a regular visitor there.

--
Sigint

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:47 pm

Sigint wrote:Why don't you post your query under the "Trunking Control Channel Decoding" Topic on Radioreference, as the author of UniTrunker is a regular visitor there.
Thanks. I wasn't a member of Radiorefence but signed up today. I posted the question on there, so hopefully will get a response.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Already got a reply and fix from the author of Unitrunker on Radioreference. Thanks to those here who attempted to help and who directed me to Radioreference. Below is the 'fix' which worked fine for me.

"This must be a bug. Stop decoding receiver. Delete the duplicate system. More of a hack than work-around, create a new empty p25 system as BEE00-2D0 (similar but different). Restart the receiver (rebooting your machine is unnecessary)."