Audio cuts out discriminator output - UBCD996T

Scotty

Re: Audio cuts out discriminator output - UBCD996T

Post by Scotty » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:34 am

rustynswrail wrote:Having done probably hundreds of discrim mods, I would recommend the oldest scanner that you can get, why? Filtering. The older the scanner the less filtering or at least the slacker the filtering. Even baseband audio goes through some filtering process, therefore the less there is the better the BBA.
Just on this Rusty, is it possible to use a non-digital scanner for decoding P25 in UniTrunker?

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Scotty wrote:
rustynswrail wrote:Having done probably hundreds of discrim mods, I would recommend the oldest scanner that you can get, why? Filtering. The older the scanner the less filtering or at least the slacker the filtering. Even baseband audio goes through some filtering process, therefore the less there is the better the BBA.
Just on this Rusty, is it possible to use a non-digital scanner for decoding P25 in UniTrunker?
Scott,

Certainly is. My setup as an example uses RadioShack PRO97 handheld. For the very reason listed above, slack filtering. The control channel data has 99 percent health on GPT.

Russell
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks Russel. I wish I had known that before now.