UniTrunker - 'Svc' column

Scotty

UniTrunker - 'Svc' column

Post by Scotty » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Does anybody have any information on the 'Svc' column in UniTrunker? From information I can get on the web it seems to indicate the calls priority (from 1-7). Aparently the default number is '4'.

It seems most users of the GRN display the number '4'. Sometime I've noticed the firies (and their centracom consoles) and the RTA, that display '-' (a dash). There may well be other users as well.

Can anybody provide any info on the 'Svc' column or the numbers/dashes that are displayed?

Wonky

Re: UniTrunker - 'Svc' column

Post by Wonky » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Straight from the Unitrunker wiki page, the svc column is described as:

For P25 systems:

P25 call type is the call's priority - a single digit from 1 to 7. "4" is the default normal priority.

Emergency calls prefix this digit with the letter "E".

cartman

Post by cartman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

P25 Talkgroup Calls that are encrypted come up with a "P4" on Unitrunker
However if it is an P25 i-call in Digital Clear mode then i have found "P3" and "P4" can appear (which obviously will lead to confusion if one is not careful as to the type of transmission)
I have yet to see/log a P25 encrypted i-call

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

Wonky - I got the info from the UniTrunker page as well, but their is no mention of a dash '-'.

Grant - I haven't see any encrypted i-calls yet either, just the 'P4' tags.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Did anybody come up with an answer as to why FRNSW calls show a "-" (dash) instead of a priority number?

From everything I've seen so far it's only FRNSW that does this, seems like maybe someone forgot to check a box when they set up the talkgroups or something?

Andrew

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm

I never found out. Asked around a couple of other places as well. If anybody does know I'm still keen to find out what it means.

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:36 am

I asked Rick Parrish (author of Unitrunker) about this, specifically about the "P#" prefix being the same for encrypted talkgroups, private calls and possibly encrypted private calls, but I didn't get a clear answer? I inquired if all three call types were reported identically over the control channel or whether a different prefix could be assigned to encrypted calls but it seems he's busy developing a new release of Unitrunker at the moment so I might ask again later?

I plan to suggest he could maybe use "Ø" as a prefix for encrypted calls instead of "P"? Does anybody know if the slashed O symbol is a registered trademark of Motorola or not? Wikipedia lists a few definitions here ranging from a "Scandinavian letter" to "a piece of land in Denmark" but I always understood it to mean "not-open" in this context?

When asked about the dash, he said "The "-" may be data or the initial call grant was missed", I explained that every call by one agency in particular displayed the dash, but got no reply.

He suggested that these priorities are assigned by the system administrator on a per-talkgroup or per-radio basis so I can only assume that something was set up incorrectly with those GRN talkgroups showing a dash?

Andrew

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 am

I was watching an ACTRFS talkgroup yesterday and I noticed that all the radios were showing a priority of "4" but all the Comcen consoles had "-" dashes, this got me wondering if the dash is shown on those FRNSW talkgroups because the call is patched from another talkgroup through a centracom console?

Andrew

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi all, i am noticing at the moment that the ACT SES andACT RFS TG's are patched together. might be of help.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:12 am

Success!

I'm beta testing the latest incarnation of Unitrunker (V1.0.24.4) from Friday (not officially released yet so don't rush over to download it just yet) and all those FRNSW calls now show as a cross-patch ("XP") which I believe is why we weren't seeing a priority all along? Seems like my guess about the calls coming through a console was pretty close?

Andrew