Loggings (Southern Region)

Southern Region (Snowfields, South Coast), ACT and Hume Regions
Farsouthscanner

Re: Loggings (Southern Region)

Post by Farsouthscanner » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:35 am

I remember hearing ACT busses years ago when I was in Canberra more often.
Pretty boring but at least it was one thing to listen to in the sea of encryption, although I think at that time the ACT Fire brigades were in the clear.

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:45 pm

ACT Government seem to be a bit obsessed with encryption. I just wonder what nefarious things the bus drivers are doing the need to hide from the public :D
I think its just the general paranoia they seem to go on with. As having to listen to it when i was a visitor in the area it really wasn't anything top secret. I'd say it more has to do with a online stream in the area which advertised that it was streaming its audio.
VK2MRC

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:15 am

Longreach wrote:
ACT Government seem to be a bit obsessed with encryption. I just wonder what nefarious things the bus drivers are doing the need to hide from the public :D
I think its just the general paranoia they seem to go on with. As having to listen to it when i was a visitor in the area it really wasn't anything top secret. I'd say it more has to do with a online stream in the area which advertised that it was streaming its audio.
Yes, and an alleged visit by the Government Solicitor to the home of the streamer asking him/her to shut the stream down. But no law in Australia proved it was illegal to stream the "offending" transmissions. So they encrypted.....allegedly.

What the AGS website says about what they do with regard to communications issues http://ags.gov.au/areasoflaw/corporate- ... tions.html

Mike