Prestigecom.net.au

Chrisco

Prestigecom.net.au

Post by Chrisco » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Bought a marine radio from these guys very very quick postage ordered and paid on Thursday afternoon was at the door by Friday afternoon. Highly recommend Prestigecom.
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

Chrisco

Re: Prestigecom.net.au

Post by Chrisco » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Also bought and icom radio from Prestigecom very quick postage
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

lui_gough

Post by lui_gough » Tue May 25, 2010 11:15 am

Bought two icom receivers from them ... 3 months wait for one, two months wait for another. Their prices are good, but they often tell you there's two weeks ETA, and that streches out to forever.

Chrisco

Post by Chrisco » Tue May 25, 2010 6:03 pm

lui_gough thats bad news
I have in the past email(or they have a live chat) to make sure they are in stock before I buy
twitter/IG

freqwaves

Post by freqwaves » Thu May 27, 2010 11:39 pm

I brought a Icom IC-R20 from them,was able to pay over the phone via credit card and received it by courier 2 days later.Great customer service!
John.

lui_gough

Post by lui_gough » Sat May 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Yeap. I guess it's my bad luck - I always ask and they tell me that it's a two week ETA - i.e. never had stock both times I ordered. For the record, they were the Icom IC-R20 (quite a nice unit, a bit "wide" but versatile :)) and the Icom IC-R75 (for some HF work, excellent value for money).

I've been kept on "hold" on live-chat for an HOUR while they attended to customers. And when I threatened to cancel my order since it had been > 4 weeks of wait, they told me they were going to debit my card IMMEDIATELY so that I couldn't back out. I warned them that if they debited my card that it's their way of saying that they will deliver very soon - otherwise I would have to take action against them. My R-20 actually took just under TWO months from order to ship. And no apologies from them either - they were quite frustrated that I was "re-enquiring" about my order after 2 weeks when they told me the ETA would be two weeks.

All in all, if they have stock, all is fine. If they don't, take their ETA with a grain of salt. Keep in mind that their Icom stock isn't local. It's actually not such a bad thing - at least for the R75 it means I have continuous 30khz to 60Mhz coverage, rather than 30khz to 30Mhz .... but it also means that the warranty is just one year, whereas I heard the official channels give you a 5 year warranty or similar. Treated with care, it shouldn't be something you'd be needing - but just to take note of the fact that they are "grey" imports.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:36 pm

Yeah, sorry to say that I will not be dealing with them again either...

I've bought a few things from them in the past, the first being quite a few years ago now (my original UBCD396T I think) and to start out with they were really good but IMHO their customer service has gone way downhill since then, to the point where I got sick of arguing with them (after a week of emails back and forth) about them wanting written authorisation and a copy of my licence etc. etc. to charge something to my credit card and I told them I'd never had so much trouble trying to give someone my business and instructed them to cancel my order!

You can generally pick up gear in eBay cheaper anyway so it was no great loss to me.

Andrew

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat May 29, 2010 8:12 pm

in australia you should not have to provide a copy of your drivers license to pay for something over the phone...
and good to see you cancelled your order

Overseas thats another story, they just wanna make sure they aren't being screwed over by a fake credit card which makes sense