WTD: Uniden Software for UBC245XLT

Please read the rules before requesting an item!
rustynswrail

WTD: Uniden Software for UBC245XLT

Post by rustynswrail » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Does anyone have the software supplied by Uniden Australia for the UBC245XLT?

Would like a copy of anyone has it. The Australian version will only work with Australian model. The US stuff is available but will not work.

Thanks.

Russell
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

nswfbhr

Re: WTD: Uniden Software for UBC245XLT

Post by nswfbhr » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 am

Russel,

Not exactly the Uniden software, but did find these alternatives on a website: http://www.javiation.co.uk/ubc-245xlt.html

No sure if they will be of any use to you?

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:20 am

nswfbhr wrote:Russel,
Not exactly the Uniden software, but did find these alternatives on a website: http://www.javiation.co.uk/ubc-245xlt.html
No sure if they will be of any use to you?

Thanks, but all the links are old or broken, but worth a try, especially the one to Seniss.

Russell

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm

have you tried butel if the ever made some software for the ubc245xlt

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Are you sure the Aussie 245XLT came with software Russell? I found my 245 box in the garage over the weekend, but no software CD was inside (and I am one of those types who keep everything). The manual inside also makes no mention of software being included, just the interface cable. I personally only remember using 3rd party software to program that scanner, but I could easily be wrong.

I used the Wayback Machine to see if I could get the software from the Uniden Australia website. There is a message on the 245XLT page saying that you need to get software from scannermaster.com.

See link here: http://web.archive.org/web/200502070922 ... E_PROD.HTM

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Scotty wrote:Are you sure the Aussie 245XLT came with software Russell? I found my 245 box in the garage over the weekend, but no software CD was inside (and I am one of those types who keep everything). The manual I have also makes no mention of software being included. I personally only remember using 3rd party software to program that scanner, but I could easily be wrong. I used the Wayback Machine to see if I could get the software from the Uniden Australia website. There is a message on the 245XLT page saying that you need to get software from scannermaster.com. See link here: http://web.archive.org/web/200502070922 ... E_PROD.HTM
I was involved in the development of this radio for Australia, and Uniden supplied me with software for the Australian unit. When everything was sorted, the software was available for download from the Uniden Australia site. Either way, doesn't matter will have to do it the hard way.

Thanks,

Russell

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:57 pm

rustynswrail wrote:I was involved in the development of this radio for Australia, and Uniden supplied me with software for the Australian unit. When everything was sorted, the software was available for download from the Uniden Australia site. Either way, doesn't matter will have to do it the hard way.

Thanks,

Russell
Don't do it the hard way, plenty of free software out there which will do it! Couldn't imagine programming an entire scanner nowadays (even a 245) without software. Maybe computers have made me lazy?

Re the software: could it have been internal only? I did a full search of the Uniden Australia site from January 2000 (when the 245XLT appears) to March 2005 (when the 245XLT was removed from the site) and can't find a link to download software (or any reference to it being available) anywhere on there.