Warwick Naviti Family Resort Coral Coast Fiji

cartman

Warwick Naviti Family Resort Coral Coast Fiji

Post by cartman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:40 am

Just come back from Fiji ie Warwick Naviti Family Resort Coral Coast Fiji
I was over there for 5 days for a friends wedding
If you observe closely what happens around the resort you notice that Security wears the red floral shirts
At our resort they work for Safety Security Services or S.S.S.
I was unable to figure out what frequency they were but i figure High VHF or low UHF- he was using a Motorola GP328 with a reasonable size antenna.
I was running close call but no hits (maybe it was quiet during that period) .... the whole scanning bands were dead on my ubc246
Security were located at a number of perimeter static points, which included the gatehouse (who would allow access by lifting the steel boom) plus a roving patrol of one or two.
All the resorts appear to have the same arrangements (i saw similar in Tahiti last year)
As far as I can figure from talking to locals they are there to protect guests plus keep the locals out (except for employees, taxis etc).
One of the maintenance staff told me the security at our resort was run by an ex-military chap

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

freqwaves

Re: Warwick Naviti Family Resort Coral Coast Fiji

Post by freqwaves » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm

I found in Thailand their aerials on their portables to be quite long indicating they use VHF.
No use taking the scanner as you won't understand what their saying.

John.