Inside an RFS Cat. 1

ivahri

Re: Inside an RFS Cat. 1

Post by ivahri » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi Col,

You reckon a firie can't break a Moto? Boy you are selling them short! I've seen enough murdered Motos to know that an O3 controller mic wouldn't even be a challenge. The first thing that will die will be the display, and they aren't cheap. Banged against sharp edges in the dash the glass will not stand a chance.

Cheers,

Richard

cartman

Post by cartman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:54 pm

The rail environment must be too extreme.

The motorola radios don't like being dropped on just welded hot rail (fell out of the guy's shirt pocket) .... the radio case just melted and on another occasion I can recall a radio was run over by a gang truck. On both occasions the radio paid the supreme sacrifice.

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:59 pm

I'd have to agree, I much prefer tait radios but motorola are hack to break as i've witnessed some xts5000's getting dropped off roofs on ses jobs and they still worked afterwards. The drop was at least 5-10 metres

The only motorola radio i've seen destroyed was a radio that came off an officer when he was doing a room entry at a mental health facility after a pt tried to kill himself, the radio arrived back in the office in at least 20 pieces and could not be repaired.

I know the NSWGRN don't quote on W3 handsets anymore as some recent quotes i've gotten have got the O5 which is a real shame.