Mobile Incident Response Trailer

BerryV

Mobile Incident Response Trailer

Post by BerryV » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:02 am

anyone know what rail group this belongs to ? has a PMR/GRN crossband link in it.

http://www.c4i.com/announcements/mirt

C4i recently created a modern, IP-based, turnkey solution for a major Australian rail transport organisation. The system, referred to as a Mobile Incident Response Trailer, was commissioned to provide deployed incident response personnel with a transportable, highly integrated communications structure. The system includes one (1) operator position with the capability to integrate communications from six (6) different radios into a single headset.

At the heart of the design is C4i’s SwitchplusIP® system - packaged into a rugged, weather-resistant trailer that is easily towed by a vehicle to the site of an incident. Built to cater for areas lacking in radio coverage, the Mobile Incident Response Trailer can be set-up anywhere to act as a ‘communications hub’ at the site of an emergency. Using the HMI touch-screen Operator Console Unit, the operator may converse with on-site tech experts using new SIP mobile phones; users of existing Motorola radios; or the train driver in need.

The highly transportable system can make and receive telephony calls over Telstra’s 3G network, in addition to transmitting and receiving audio from all radios simultaneously. Features include wireless PTT functionality, configurable operator roles, and individual operating preferences such as volume control. With radio-radio and radio-telephony patching - this system demonstrates C4i’s cutting-edge work in the interoperable communications arena.

Inherently small in design and rugged by nature, C4i’s intelligent devices solve many dilemmas for deployed, mobile services. By using the same product building blocks and software utilized in previous projects for our Defence customers, C4i has incorporated lessons learned and technology to produce the civil variation of this proven solution. In the transport industry, C4i recognizes quality, durability and reliability as specific critical factors for successful system design and implementation.

http://www.c4i.com/press/railcorp%20tra ... d_file.jpg