Paul Budde Blog on PMR November 2010

cartman

Paul Budde Blog on PMR November 2010

Post by cartman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:41 am

Interesting discussion found here

Grant

http://www.buddeblog.com.au/frompaulsde ... australia/

PS
What are the actual 9 whole of state networks referred to ?
RFS, SES, police, ambos, firies are 5 that i can think of
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

rustynswrail

Re: Paul Budde Blog on PMR November 2010

Post by rustynswrail » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:19 pm

cartman wrote:Interesting discussion found here
Grant
PS
Along this line, the NSW Government has just announced that it has formed a communications agency that will deal with ALL government radio communications. Also, that agencies and departments are NOT permitted to approach the ACMA with regard to spectrum enquiries.

Interesting time ahead in NSW people.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Maybe if they just stuck to their original plan of putting everyone on GRN and extra agency with its associated costs wouldn't be needed....

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Ahhhhh .. they have only been talking about it for 10 - 15 years, so about time.

As Rusty suggests .. interesting times.

Rusty, do you have a quotable reference / link to any announcements?

S_T

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:39 pm

system_tech wrote:Ahhhhh .. they have only been talking about it for 10 - 15 years, so about time.
As Rusty suggests .. interesting times.
Rusty, do you have a quotable reference / link to any announcements?
S_T
Will have soon.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 pm

rustynswrail wrote:
Grant
PS
Along this line, the NSW Government has just announced that it has formed a communications agency that will deal with ALL government radio communications. Also, that agencies and departments are NOT permitted to approach the ACMA with regard to spectrum enquiries.

Interesting time ahead in NSW people.

R
This Police Media Release announces a new Commander for the Operational Communications and Information Command.

Assistant Commissioner Peter Barrie assumes command of the Operational Communications and Information Command after a short period in the command having previously been Local Area Commander for the Hurstville LAC.

I've heard from one policeman in a senior position that they hope this new commander will be less strict on the exclusive "security" of police radio transmissions than the previous guy. This officer was hoping that his job would be easier if other agencies could get access to police radio.

Mike

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Grant

PS
NSWFB, NSWRFS, NSWSES, State Forrests, NSWAS, NSW Police, NSW Health(Seperate pmr systems at each hospital), NPWS

I'm not sure what the 9th one would be but these are the government organisations i'm aware of that have their own pmr system.
Disclaimer : - The above list is in no order its just how they came into my head as I was typing this post.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:24 pm

centralcoastscanman wrote:

Grant

PS
NSWFB, NSWRFS, NSWSES, State Forrests, NSWAS, NSW Police, NSW Health(Seperate pmr systems at each hospital), NPWS

I'm not sure what the 9th one would be but these are the government organisations i'm aware of that have their own pmr system.
Disclaimer : - The above list is in no order its just how they came into my head as I was typing this post.
I don't think they'd count separate systems at each hospital as "whole of state"?

Another one that comes to mind would be Integral Energy, they have an enormous amount of PMR frequency licences covering most of the state?

How about the railways, do they have a PMR network?

Andrew

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm

yeah not sure, cannot comment too much publicly about health as they are my employer but i have my thoughts on their use of pmr freq's and its not nice...

railcorp have some state wide system i believe but its gsm based... maybe grant can elaborate further on this as its something i've never bothered to look into before

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Ah yes... a consultant trying to drum up business for himself. Consultants like Budde are very loose with the facts. A number of those networks are NOT "whole of state" at all and deliberately designed to compliment the coverage of the GRN. Therefore his insinuation of wastage is not as well founded as he makes out. Consultants like him also are intellectually lazy- they think that one technology model & network design can fit all. No such animal, and if the "Rolls Royce" version some will press for is rolled out state wide then nobody, least of all the NSW taxpayer, will afford it!

But for all that I'm pro the single agency- so long as the Paul Buddes of the world don't achieve influence in it.

I also couldn't see any discussion- this is just one vested interested trying to preach to those who thinks are more ignorant then he.

Cheers,

Richard

ps. Read the list of companies Paul Budde consults for- government is conspicuously missing. He is a spruiker for the carriers & for the investment companies that see government communications as a fat turkey waiting to be plucked. My concern is that people like this will substitute an f for the pl....
centralcoastscanman wrote:

Grant

PS

Last edited by ivahri on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.