505.0375 Fettel Comms

cartman

505.0375 Fettel Comms

Post by cartman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:57 am

Enroute to and from Port Macquarie while checking for any trunking signals I heard a scrambled (voice inversion?) user on 505.0375 127.3
Looking them up on the ACMA the frequency is registered to Fettell Comms Tx Middle Brother Mountain which I gather would make them active somewhere between Taree and Port Macquarie
On the way back I got Garry on the line and we both heard (despite scrambling) the unknown radio base user repeatedly implement some sort of sellcall system to talk to other users on the net, and always ending in a beep at the end of the conversation.
I first heard it very active on a Sunday so I would assume at first guess it is a security firm or user in the Taree - Port Macquarie region

Grant

PS There use to be about four MPT1327 trunking systems active in the Taree - Port Macquarie - Kempsey region for a number of years - now switched off
PPS Appears to be unrelated to the Gencom frequencies at Newcastle and near Tamworth
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview