Page 1 of 1

United States Secret Service Radios

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:08 pm
by cartman
A couple of nights ago I watched a fascinating documentary on the "US Secret Service - On the Front Line" (aka Protecting the President).
Nothing is left to chance. Encrypted radios, backup plans, weapons, counter snipers, assault teams and so on

On a whim I googled "United States Secret Service Radios" and these two documents came up immediately

Re: old radio system
https://www.oig.dhs.gov/assets/Mgmt/201 ... -Jan16.pdf

Re: new radio system
https://www.dhs.gov/publication/dhsusss ... er-ip-roip

Re: United States Secret Service Radios

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:17 pm
by frankc
cartman wrote:A couple of nights ago I watched a fascinating documentary on the "US Secret Service - On the Front Line" (aka Protecting the President).
Nothing is left to chance. Encrypted radios, backup plans, weapons, counter snipers, assault teams and so on

On a whim I googled "United States Secret Service Radios" and these two documents came up immediately

Re: old radio system
https://www.oig.dhs.gov/assets/Mgmt/201 ... -Jan16.pdf

Re: new radio system
https://www.dhs.gov/publication/dhsusss ... er-ip-roip



I Believe the latter one is the system discussed on a certain Facebook Group we both participate in :-)

Re: United States Secret Service Radios

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:02 pm
by Radio_Australia
If Russia accessed AES256 , what else can they do ..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinde ... or-needed/

Re: United States Secret Service Radios

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:43 am
by cartman
frankc wrote:
cartman wrote:I Believe the latter one is the system discussed on a certain Facebook Group we both participate in :-)


I have no idea about the system you are referring to

Re: United States Secret Service Radios

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:52 pm
by frankc
cartman wrote:
frankc wrote:
cartman wrote:I Believe the latter one is the system discussed on a certain Facebook Group we both participate in :-)


I have no idea about the system you are referring to


The "video" which was posted and removed which featured various radio tests between, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth which received on a couple of Frequencies licenced to DFES and the Shire of Mundaring in P25 mode

Re: United States Secret Service Radios

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:02 pm
by cartman
frankc wrote:
cartman wrote:
frankc wrote:
cartman wrote:I Believe the latter one is the system discussed on a certain Facebook Group we both participate in :-)


I have no idea about the system you are referring to


The "video" which was posted and removed which featured various radio tests between, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth which received on a couple of Frequencies licenced to DFES and the Shire of Mundaring in P25 mode


Missed that one ... logged on after it was deleted. Figured out who you are referring to