2011 IPART Inquiry into Pricing of GRN Services

ivahri

Re: 2011 IPART Inquiry into Pricing of GRN Services

Post by ivahri » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:49 pm

In most cases it is already the case. As from the time of Kenneally's directive ACMA will not process new frequency assignments from NSW government agencies without (at least) the endorsement of the Telco agency. So even if I want to add a new base site to an existing network, or to change a frequency, it needs their consent. Even interference matters- it goes through them.

Stupid? I think it is stark raving bonkers. I've investigated interference for 20+ years but have to consult a non-technical beaurocrat who wouldn't know intermodulation from intercourse... heck knows what the poor blokes at ACMA think of it all.

But welcome to the new world...

Cheers,

Richard

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:02 am

I am hearing murmurs that the new tarriff system could be very temporary & that a new airtime based tarriff system could be on the way. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next year or so given the management contract is up for grabs & a new government with a different philosophy to the previous one.

Cheers,

Richard

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:18 pm

I just wish my former employer would be forced to move off his pmr systems and onto the GRN so i can ring him up and say "sucked in, warned you about this day 4 years ago".

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi folks,

it appears next Monday brings a "pre bid" meeting of the bidders for the soon to lapse GRN Operations contract.

Just wondering if anyone heard any more about the IPART proceedings that have been mentioned here previously.

It appears there may impact within GRN already due perhaps to IPART results.

Anyway, I'm sure this round of bidding will have a a larger number of bidders than has been seen previously.