NSW P25 GRN - Radio IDs

ivahri

Re: NSW P25 GRN - Radio IDs

Post by ivahri » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:46 pm

soupbones wrote:I suppose this is handy in case some services have interstate TGs programmed into them, then interstate agencies can tell when out of state users are on their systems. SES and maybe RFS are a good example of agencies that this may happen too. Though I am not sure if they even have liaison TGs programmed into them.
We are one of those agencies that do have radios able to work on 2 state trunking systems. At the moment administering that is a prize PIA. As someone pointed out there are no cross-border ASKs but this is going to happen as soon as people get their heads around the need for this (at least for a few of us that need the capability).

Richard

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:At the moment I doubt anyone has multi-state trunk systems programmed, that would require an Advance System Key (ASK) for each interstate system and an Advanced WACN Key (AWK) to enable Intra-WACN Roaming?

I wonder how this would work even if all of the above were in place? For example, if a NSWSES unit was to go to Victoria and was setup to roam with their MMR network, it would still only be able to talk on Victorian talkgroups, they still wouldn't be able to communicate with the NSWGRN talkgroups (i.e. talk from Melbourne back to Sydney)?

Although I guess it would be possible to create a common set of talkgroups on every state's TRN and RoIP them all together on each system? That way an agency could patch that interstate liaison TG with one of there own TGs (after seeking permission from the NOCC of course) and theoretically have comms nation-wide? Very interesting...

Anyway, my guess is that none of this is yet in place but at least someone's thinking ahead... Bravo!

Andrew
Andrew,

If anyone wants to know how this can & does work in practice, have a talk to the NSWFB boys at Broken Hill. They have had the capability to work via the SAGRN for a few years now & it is patched back to NSW. They use it all the time as it covers from Broken Hill right through to Adelaide if they need to, but they have used it at calls 100km+ in to SA.

Cheers,

Richard

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Holy shit, dont tell me that we're finally all planning for full interoperability?!?!?!!

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:43 pm

The Sheriff's dept must be assigning callsigns to radios (rather than to people or tasks), I just heard an interesting conversation where Sutherland 7 was asked if he was aware that he was using Sutherland 8's radio!

Andrew

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:12 am

ivahri wrote:If anyone wants to know how this can & does work in practice, have a talk to the NSWFB boys at Broken Hill. They have had the capability to work via the SAGRN for a few years now & it is patched back to NSW. They use it all the time as it covers from Broken Hill right through to Adelaide if they need to, but they have used it at calls 100km+ in to SA. Cheers, Richard
100km+ to an incident... geez you'd need long range fuel tanks on the truck! :D

Yes well, this will present yet another problem for you guys Richard, seeing as the SAGRN isn't scheduled to go P25 until 2012/2013? (source: SA Scan) It'll be like station 428 at Queanbeyan in reverse!

BTW, you should all check out the SA Scan website if you haven't already, they have a talkgroup list for the SAGRN that is about the most comprehensive I've seen on any website! Click here for the list

Speaking of other states, I've been trying to dig up some info on how the RIDs are allocated on the Victorian MMR, I thought they may have a head start on us seeing as they've been on their P25 network for a while now and maybe someone south of the border has already worked out all the "Second Digit" agencies but I haven't been able to come up with anything yet, I'll keep looking.

Andrew

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:36 am

Rusty and Richard,

I just realised something and I am hoping both of you will help me out?

On page 1 of this topic, could you both possibly edit your posts and remove the list from your quote? I was just thinking that once we start updating the original, it may confuse people if there's a quote of the non-updated list below it?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:12 am

Bigfella237 wrote: Speaking of other states, I've been trying to dig up some info on how the RIDs are allocated on the Victorian MMR, I thought they may have a head start on us seeing as they've been on their P25 network for a while now and maybe someone south of the border has already worked out all the "Second Digit" agencies but I haven't been able to come up with anything yet, I'll keep looking.

Andrew
Andrew,

I can help with the MMR RID’s. Unfortunately the MMR does not follow the previous method of allocating RID’s.

VicPol use a number of blocks from 60XXX to 79XXX (79997 the highest I have logged).
MFESB use from 101001 to 199XXX (highest I have logged is 199799)
AV use from 202000 to 215XXX (highest I have logged is 215908).

An edit to above:

MFESB also use 400001 to 400200. These are portables that are allocated to a comms or command vehicle that gets turned out to either 3rd or 4th alarms (can’t remember which) and used for fire ground comms.

I have Moto techs. using from 900031 up to 909999.

Dispatch / Operators:
VicPol use from 385XXX up to 399999
MFESB use 370XXX up to 374XXX
AV use 327XXX up to 369XXX

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks Wonky,

I had a bad feeling that all this 'national numbering' may have only been thought up after the MMR was already up'n running... I was just hoping otherwise as you could have given us a big head start if it had already been worked out for Mexico? :D

I note that all the RIDs you mention are under 999999 (ie under one million)? Our lowest RIDs recorded so far would seem to start at 1000000 (one million) and go up? This is only a guess on my behalf but maybe the sub-one million RIDs have been 'grandfathered' on the NSW system to allow for the MMR to re-organise it's RIDs into line with the national system?

Andrew

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:33 pm

You may be right Andrew, I have never seen (or heard of anyone else seeing) a RID on the MMR >6 digits

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:38 pm

I've just updated the list with 292xxxx which appear to be Smartbridges (various services).

I've logged a couple of different ones now off Mt Cronin, one being ACT Parks (between P25 TGID 40093 (ACT Parks) and the old Type II TGID 52016 "PARKS 2" or "Channel 9" depending on the radio model) and the other NSWFB (between P25 TGID 10123 "D304 GOULB1" and the old Type II TGID 13248 "304 GOULB 1")

Andrew