Control Channel Question

citabria
Site Admin

Control Channel Question

Post by citabria » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Would it be safe to say that the new P25 control channels are all exactly the same as the old analog CC and Backup CC's with no new frequencies added as yet?

Cheers,
Matt

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: Control Channel Question

Post by Bigfella237 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Not sure I completely understand the question but...

On some sites (such as all the Far South Coast sites) which have been 100% changed over to P25 they seem to have retained all the same Ctrl Ch and Alt Ctrl Ch frequencies as were in use on the old (Type II) site.

On other sites (such as in the Greater Sydney area) where the sites are now operational on both Type II and P25 networks, they appear to be using the old Type II Alt Ctrl frequency as the new P25 CC. I'm unsure if they've allocated a new backup CC for either system on these sites as it would mean on some of the smaller sites that between the two systems, four of the five bases would be control channels?

And then of course there are some sites which have adopted one of the old Type II voice frequencies as the P25 CC.

I doubt there is any hard and fast rule but AFAIK there have not been any new bases added?

Andrew

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:12 pm

hi all, in the case of Mt Gray Goulburn yes its using the old type 2 backup cc as the P25 control channel. the P25 BCC is an old type ii voice channel and the BCC for the old type ii now is an old voice channel.
cheers all
Matt
VK2MRC

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 am

Does anyone know if VoC (Voice over CC) is being used on either network?

I very rarely see activity on a BCC on any of the old Type II sites and I've never seen a call over the main CC.

Andrew

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:40 am

I dont believe it is. There is a specific OSW on Type 2 to say its supported and TREPORT never captured it for me in years of monitoring.

With regards to the original question, I have a control channel frequency list that was extracted from a codeplug on the SZOL 4.1 (analog) GRN - it has all the CCs and BUCCs (or alternate as you want to call it) and I want to know if this list will cover all of the control channels on the new P25 GRN also.

Maybe Richard can confirm or deny this.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:30 am

now thats an interesting thought Matt, as i've got a few codeplugs from type II XTS5000 radios here in my computer...

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 am

citabria wrote:I dont believe it is. There is a specific OSW on Type 2 to say its supported and TREPORT never captured it for me in years of monitoring.

With regards to the original question, I have a control channel frequency list that was extracted from a codeplug on the SZOL 4.1 (analog) GRN - it has all the CCs and BUCCs (or alternate as you want to call it) and I want to know if this list will cover all of the control channels on the new P25 GRN also.

Maybe Richard can confirm or deny this.
That is my understanding. Once the 4.1 is switched off the P25 will use the original CCs (at least that is the plan). It is a big issue for my agency as our Disaster Recovery tgs need to be configured for the correct CCs.

Cheers

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 pm

have fun with that one Richard, your going to have your work cut out for you there... well your side will be easy but the poor guy thats gotta upload the changes to the radios will be busy

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 pm

That's the next profile I have to write... that one happens after we move cross to P25 in coming months.

Cheers

criten

Post by criten » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:On some sites (such as all the Far South Coast sites) which have been 100% changed over to P25 they seem to have retained all the same Ctrl Ch and Alt Ctrl Ch frequencies as were in use on the old (Type II) site.
Really? No more analog on the south coast?

Does this mean the agencies in the area have migrated across?