Control Channel Question

ivahri

Re: Control Channel Question

Post by ivahri » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm

There never was analogue 4.1 on the south coast (in wide area that is) so no agencies actually were using it.

Cheers

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 pm

only time i heard it used was when the act came down to play with one of the fires out the back of pambula and eden last year.
VK2MRC

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:13 pm

criten wrote:Really? No more analog on the south coast?
Yeah, it's PMR country down here as far as most agencies are concerned; some of the South Coast sites were connected in wide area on the old Type II network but only with digital links, as Richard pointed out there was virtually no wide area analogue with the exception being Mt Cowangerong (hidden host for the Mt Budawang/Mt Clear sites) which was switched on during the "Dingo Road" Section 44 fires a while back and never switched off again.

Andrew

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks Andrew! You just explained something that no-one told us- why Budawang was turned on in analogue. I was driving down to Cooma months back & forgot to switch to PMR & noticed my radio had gone to Cowangerong/Clear... thought I was going mad when the radio test worked. I wondered why that site had been switched on.

Cheers