Mobile Speed Cameras

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: Mobile Speed Cameras

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:22 pm

That is my whole argument against unmarked cars, yeah sure it might be in the back of your mind that there may be an unmarked highway car following you but you never really give it that much thought... but, if you pass a couple of fully marked cars cruising the highway I bet you'll be minding your manners for quite a while afterwards!

Having a visible presence is a far more valuable deterrent than the mere possibility that there might be an unmarked car somewhere.

Andrew

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:That is my whole argument against unmarked cars, yeah sure it might be in the back of your mind that there may be an unmarked highway car following you but you never really give it that much thought... but, if you pass a couple of fully marked cars cruising the highway I bet you'll be minding your manners for quite a while afterwards! Having a visible presence is a far more valuable deterrent than the mere possibility that there might be an unmarked car somewhere. Andrew
Hear! Hear!

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:54 pm

i see it going to and from canberra for work, everyone is sedate till lake george and if they see no car they go for it. the humiliation factor of being pulled over by a cat 1 HWP car is enough, getting the ticket 3-4 weeks later you just pay it and go oh well ill slow down and DONT.
these cameras will do like they did before, everyone will slow down for them and go for it straight after,catching the unobservent. strictly propping up a joke of a government.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

jaskel

Post by jaskel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:26 pm

yeah ur right Matt...Lake George is prime for the idiots...but mind you ive seen many cars think Lake George is clear then BAM! Lidar got em!
Uniden UBCD996XT - Uniden UBCD396XT - Realistic Pro96 - Uniden UBC 120XLT - Uniden RH96 Remote Head - Scanheads Discone - Rh771,701 Whips - GME TX3420 - Icom ICR310 - Icom IC410F

alphamike

Post by alphamike » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Saw my first one yesterday on Camden Valley Way. Spotted it from a mile away. The 'sign' your not supposed to see till you pass it was actually behind it.
I tend to look at most cars pulled over, giant roof mounted cameras and reflective tape down the side doesn't help them.

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 pm

they were saying one car is stalking a spot up at rouse hill. been there for a couple of days when there supposed to rotate sites. 2GB was going on about it this arvo.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

Chrisco

Post by Chrisco » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:14 pm

follow the link for a pic RT @chriscowa: @nehadk http://twitpic.com/26o957 - pic of the mobile speed camera cars.
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

Garry

Post by Garry » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:15 am

one of the cars was spotted in operation yesterday at Gilleston Heights, near maitland
Happily Scanning Since 1983

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:35 pm

2GB's Jason Morrison had an RTA timetable and location list sent to him showing where and when the camera cars will be parked. At first he thought it may have been an internet viral prank, but apparently the info on the list was confirmed as being correct. This list is doing the rounds on the net. Anyone get it? ;)

Mike

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:46 pm

alexMc wrote:Saw my first one yesterday on Camden Valley Way. Spotted it from a mile away. The 'sign' your not supposed to see till you pass it was actually behind it.
I tend to look at most cars pulled over, giant roof mounted cameras and reflective tape down the side doesn't help them.
They've told us ther are six cars in use at any one time anywhere in NSW, but what's to say they don't have dummy cars being used as well? The sign saying 'Your Speed Has Been Checked' doesn't mean you have to be photographed. Would be a cheap and effective deterent.

Mike