Mobile Speed Cameras

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: Mobile Speed Cameras

Post by Bigfella237 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 pm

You can bet there would be some course that you would have to do and then they would give you a certificate to be able to issue fines much like a parking inspector?

The brown bombers are just council employees down here, and they don't even issue tickets any more (must've got sick of arguing with people on the footpaths); they now carry a digital camera, take your car's picture and the fine is sent out through the infringement processing bureau...

In fact, I think that even the infringement processing bureau is no longer run by the police?

Andrew

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:32 pm

There certainly is a course, its called SEINS course. I mean no disrespect to people that issue infringements as part of their job but a monkey can pass the course seriously its the biggest joke out there...

You are correct the IPB(Infringement Processing Bureau) is no longer run by the Police, it hasn't been for at least the past 5 years... Its merged with the SDRO(State Debt Recovery Office) which makes sense when you think about it...

The difference is some council rangers are special constables, giving them alot more authority than the average security officer who issues tickets as part of his/her job.

jaskel

Post by jaskel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:03 pm

citabria wrote:Thats it, im going out to buy 1,000 high intensity IR LEDs to put around my numberplate :)
wont make any difference, they are using a std CCTV camera to verify what the 11mp digital camera sees...the IR lED's will only be a very slight red tinge to the vid cam!

They will be using Redflex K band radar units shooting from the rear of the Territory!
Uniden UBCD996XT - Uniden UBCD396XT - Realistic Pro96 - Uniden UBC 120XLT - Uniden RH96 Remote Head - Scanheads Discone - Rh771,701 Whips - GME TX3420 - Icom ICR310 - Icom IC410F

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 pm

criten wrote:
matthewn1983 wrote:Would like to know who gave permission for private companies to be able to issue fines through the state? One would of thought only Government Law Enforcement should be able to issue such penalties. Or should i invest in one of these vans and park it in a certain CBD street and record busses and taxis' parking illegally all day and I can cash in on it?
Yeah. Used to be that only a Police officer could issue fines on the cityrail network and now its the jobs of whats qualified as a security guard. Although apparently they're moving back to Police.

The police have given up trying to put 750 police on the rail system and replace the transit officer
Transit Security will be still around to give you grief if you don't have a train ticket

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

jaskel

Post by jaskel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:55 pm

cartman wrote:
criten wrote:
matthewn1983 wrote:Would like to know who gave permission for private companies to be able to issue fines through the state? One would of thought only Government Law Enforcement should be able to issue such penalties. Or should i invest in one of these vans and park it in a certain CBD street and record busses and taxis' parking illegally all day and I can cash in on it?
Yeah. Used to be that only a Police officer could issue fines on the cityrail network and now its the jobs of whats qualified as a security guard. Although apparently they're moving back to Police.

The police have given up trying to put 750 police on the rail system and replace the transit officer
Transit Security will be still around to give you grief if you don't have a train ticket

Grant
I wouldnt call it grief, id call it you doing the wrong thing and getting penalized for it!
Uniden UBCD996XT - Uniden UBCD396XT - Realistic Pro96 - Uniden UBC 120XLT - Uniden RH96 Remote Head - Scanheads Discone - Rh771,701 Whips - GME TX3420 - Icom ICR310 - Icom IC410F

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 pm

agree totally on that point.. If people did what they were supposed to do the transit officers would have bugger all to do...

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:40 pm

.............. but we share the worlld with some interesting people.
VK2MRC

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 pm

The HWP / speed camera "police" needed to lift their visibility to the travelling public so maybe the new system is way overdue
I even saw an highway patrol car sitting in the dark under a bridge overpass on the M4 somewhere around St Marys eastbound last night.
Needless to say that I was traveling at the legal limit

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

jaskel

Post by jaskel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:05 pm

yeah, you will find people will not speed if there is more police on the road! look at the hume to canberra, people dont speed as they know there is alot of cops!

Spend money on more police..not stupid speed cameras!

Victoria road toll has gone up since they introduced mobile speed cameras!