NSW Ambo's GRN MDT's ?

E=MC2

NSW Ambo's GRN MDT's ?

Post by E=MC2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:43 am

NSW Ambo's MDT's what has happened to them, I was sure they did use the GRN to rx/tx job's over the MDT's. I have just started to rx the Ambo's again and things have changed :oops: How are the Ambo's tx/rx MDT data ? I have not heard any MDT data bursts with Ambo's TG's. I am very keen to give the MDT decoding software / Listen MDT a shake down for the 1st time as I understood how the Ambo's work so I thought it would be a great place to start. As stated before I was a 99.99% VKG rxer and was doing ok with that but I am now looking at boarding my horizons in other areas so I would appreciate any help with this issue and MDT decoding software. Thats all for now , have great week 73z E=MC2 ;)

geodementia

Re: NSW Ambo's GRN MDT's ?

Post by geodementia » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:24 pm

I believe NSWAS MDT moved off GRN and went to the Telstra CDMA network quite a while ago. It then migrated again from CDMA to Telstra's Next-G (which is just another version of CDMA).

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:39 pm

geodementia wrote:I believe NSWAS MDT moved off GRN and went to the Telstra CDMA network quite a while ago. It then migrated again from CDMA to Telstra's Next-G (which is just another version of CDMA).
Thats correct :roll:

pks

Post by pks » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:24 pm

geodementia wrote:I believe NSWAS MDT moved off GRN and went to the Telstra CDMA network quite a while ago. It then migrated again from CDMA to Telstra's Next-G (which is just another version of CDMA).
No wonder its not very reliable :roll:

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:43 pm

Mal may know more, but I think they are now using the new NSW Mobile Data Radio Network these days.

The NSW Mobile Data Radio Network uses a combination of different networks MDRN Within the Sydney Region, Telstra's Next G Network and Satellite in remote areas.

http://www.gcio.nsw.gov.au/ict-key-stra ... rvice-mdrs
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

JimK

Post by JimK » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Actually its 100% better than when it was on GRN.

On GRN, data had to be set up so it was transmitted 3 times to ensure the car got it.... and then it still didn't!

About 5 years ago, looking at the GRN freqs, sometimes about 60-70% of the channels were just taken up with AMBCad data, especially during the daytime.

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:47 pm

system_tech wrote:
Thats correct :roll:
Ahem, OK :o

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:21 pm

JimK wrote:Actually its 100% better than when it was on GRN.

On GRN, data had to be set up so it was transmitted 3 times to ensure the car got it.... and then it still didn't!

About 5 years ago, looking at the GRN freqs, sometimes about 60-70% of the channels were just taken up with AMBCad data, especially during the daytime.
Yes the data protocol (by the MDT provider) was atrocious. It was designed for a PMR system not trunking and was not integrated well, mind you, what would the people supervising the network know ... they were not allowed to be across it.

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:21 am

So will the MDTs move back to the GRN when it goes fully sick digital? Is there enough capacity in ASTRO 25 to handle the data?

Mike

E=MC2

Post by E=MC2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:58 am

Well it is what I should have expected, that was a very short foray into MDT'z. I just got the scanner out again after about 3 months and thought I would make lemonade now with the VKG lemon'z and the lemon'z are now code 4 and a fresh very pungent new product has hit the fan, now it's Dung beatles are on the horizon I suppose ;) Hi 73z Richard E=MC2