P25 talk groups

ivahri

Re: P25 talk groups

Post by ivahri » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:24 am

BerryV wrote:
ivahri wrote:Fair dinkum get a grip... one radio's activation gets missed & it is called bad planning. Mate, I wish we all were perfect. Given the RFS has some thousands of radios one gets missed- I bet there will be more. I'll get in first and declare that I am bound to be called a bad planner because I have almost no chance of not missing one radio in a few thousand... I'm good but I haven't quite mastered walking on water and turning water in to wine yet! Give the poor buggers a break... they at least are doing things & not just commentating like most of you. And if an aircraft still has an MCS2000 can I ask an obvious question? What has the contractor done to have it done? People need to discover something long lost with common sense... initiative. If I knew everyone else around me had an XTL but I had an MCS I'd be banging on doors.

Cheers,

Richard
your off your tree richard, 1 radio you say ? thats all that i mentioned as that one was only yesterday. do you want me to mention all the rest ? obviously you don't have a clue about contracted aircraft, do you think a pilot cares less that they have a MCS or a XTL ? get a grip, as long as it works, they don't care.

P.S if you can work out the water into wine part, i'll have a coonawarra cabernet '04 thanks

I'm not off my tree mate, I live in the real world. Do you know how easy it is for a radio to get missed? The P25 ID may be registered but the radio ID may have been incorrectly programmed... easy to do & guess what? Programmers are human... There are bound to be mistakes made in a project of this magnitude. I have no reason to defend them- I had nothing to do with the RFS roll-out. The difference between you & me is that I know what has been involved in this project & I know what effort has gone in to getting things 100% right. Of course mistakes get made, but it is much easier being an internet smartarse than a worker...

So a pilot hops in his aircraft & does no preflight checks? Pilots are among the most cautious people I know... would he take off without an operating airband radio? I don't think so... yet the same pilot would go in to a job without a pretested RFS radio? They knew these upgrades were happening. Sorry mate- the pilot is a boofhead. It only takes a phone call to sort it out...

Mate I wouldn't give you vinegar on your chips... I think you need to pull your head in.

Cheers,

Richard

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 am

Wonky wrote:Not a matter of been perfect Richard, just the person who is charged with activating the radio/s ensure they are done correctly. :roll:
Wonky,

It might have been activated correctly, you & I don't know that. Have you thought that there could be other reasons? The most common I've seen is the Astro ID in the profile has been entered incorrectly... extremely easy to do even when using Clone Express. That mistake can only get picked up when the radio is tested- which is why the users need to be encouraged to check for themselves before the radio is needed in anger.

Cheers
Last edited by ivahri on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:53 am

I would have to agree with Richard,

Any Fire Industry Contractor, be them Aviation Contractors or even bulk water supply contractors who has not kept up with the latest Department / industry standards is a danger to themselves and operational personnel and should not be on the contractors list.

Even in my 9 years as a signaller with the Military the radio and it operational status was my responsibility to ensure it was in a serviceable state before I went bush, be it fitted to a vehicle or a Man Pack system.

No different with the Fire Service either, and Richard could even confirm that I have had station’s taken off line for half a day to have a radio issue sorted out, and that was only a radio in a fire truck alone in a Helicopter.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

Garry

Post by Garry » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:58 am

Im sure we will be locked out of this thread if it isnt kept on topic
Happily Scanning Since 1983

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:00 pm

JAFO wrote:I would have to agree with Richard,

Any Fire Industry Contractor, be them Aviation Contractors or even bulk water supply contractors who has not kept up with the latest Department / industry standards is a danger to themselves and operational personnel and should not be on the contractors list.

Even in my 9 years as a signaller with the Military the radio and it operational status was my responsibility to ensure it was in a serviceable state before I went bush, be it fitted to a vehicle or a Man Pack system.

No different with the Fire Service either, and Richard could even confirm that I have had station’s taken off line for half a day to have a radio issue sorted out, and that was only a radio in a fire truck alone in a Helicopter.
agree totally grant...

and its good to see some government agencies taking their safety seriously....

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:03 pm

I agree, I've said my bit...

And Grant... you can imagine how I'm looking forward to the next few weeks... hope you test those radios at your station!

Cheers,

Richard

BerryV

Post by BerryV » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:48 pm

ivahri wrote:
So a pilot hops in his aircraft & does no preflight checks? Pilots are among the most cautious people I know... would he take off without an operating airband radio? I don't think so... yet the same pilot would go in to a job without a pretested RFS radio? They knew these upgrades were happening. Sorry mate- the pilot is a boofhead. It only takes a phone call to sort it out...

Mate I wouldn't give you vinegar on your chips... I think you need to pull your head in.

Cheers,
Richard
Radio worked just fine when calling up for takeoff to state ops on "old" grn working channel. while airborne were instructed by radio tech that they should not be using that channel and instead be using digital channel and to switch over to digital channel 87 in another zone. aircraft flicks over and guess what, not working.

So let me guess richard, you already knew that hey. you want 2 more examples in the past week ? or are you too busy making my wine ? :shock:

BerryV

Post by BerryV » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:00 pm

oh and Richard, one other thing, I can assure you checks are not done on the 4 different radios(excluding air band) that are in some of these birds every time its airborne!

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Radio worked just fine when calling up for takeoff to state ops on "old" grn working channel. while airborne were instructed by radio tech that they should not be using that channel and instead be using digital channel and to switch over to digital channel 87 in another zone. aircraft flicks over and guess what, not working.

So let me guess richard, you already knew that hey. you want 2 more examples in the past week ? or are you too busy making my wine ?
FFS give it a rest
nobody apart from yourself it seems is perfect, perhaps if you were so all over the situation you should have let some one know???
you only comment when you want to stir the pot, you can have your rod and reel back and F off.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

BerryV

Post by BerryV » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Longreach wrote:

So let me guess richard, you already knew that hey. you want 2 more examples in the past week ? or are you too busy making my wine ?
FFS give it a rest
nobody apart from yourself it seems is perfect, perhaps if you were so all over the situation you should have let some one know???
you only comment when you want to stir the pot, you can have your rod and reel back and F off.
cheers
Matt
Of course my comment was to stirr the pot, richard was talking crap again. no need to let someone know about it, everybody heard the issues on air....

And i'm far from perfect, I just don't talk about things i have no clue about!