Trunk88

BerryV

Re: Trunk88

Post by BerryV » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 am

ivahri wrote:Yep, I don't work in the "real" radio world... I guess we will see what happens when the new network goes live, won't we? When all of the XTS3000s & MCS2000s are of no use let us see what the extent of bogus radios is on the network then.

I have a simple way to assess reality. Some people talk about doing things, some of us actually do it.

Cheers,

Richard
Forget the xts3k's and mcs's(lol at this) plenty of xts/xtl 2.5K/5k's getting around Australia. The people that pay VERY well to be able to listen to things will continue to do so.

Network security using anything apart from full AES Enc is nothing apart from a joke. When I refer to the "real radio world", I'm talking about the professional outfits that setup radios for people to listen who give good money.

Skills gained via the USA has prepared people for what is to come(and so has the new tech setup ;)).

Here is a tip, outsource the network to Woolworths, they have more security and procedures in place as well as network redundancy. wait till you see what security they use for computers and network/data access

that's all from me, Ive got to be up early to do my pamphlet round on the scooter. l

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:07 am

I can add something along those lines - even my previous employer, who were completely illiterate in terms of IT, still managed to remember to plug in their DR site :)

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 am

I know a chap who was legally importing XTL-5000 radios, purchased from Moto US, and landing them here cheaper that he could buy them from Moto Aus. Go figure!

BerryV's obersevation are the tip of an iceburg.

GCIO / GRN understanding of these issues is next to nothing!

Good to hear that you think you are getting on top of things Richard .. 15 years too late :-)

It may appear that I have said quite a few things here .. but there is a lot more if I could be bothered!

I refer to my previous post about astute individuals .. who probably have more knowledge on these subjects .. than GCIO or agencies :-)

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Annnnndddddd

For those who care, a new version of TRUNK88 has been released :D

http://home.ica.net/~phoenix/wap/TRUNK88/

Cheers,
Matt

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:30 am

..........so any differences?
cheers
VK2MRC

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:05 am

ivahri wrote: Citabria,

You have no idea what you are talking about...

Richard
Hi Richard,

I have quite a good grasp of communication protocols. These screenshots are the kind of stuff that I think about. You seem to believe what Motorola and their help files tell you (ASK is unbreakable)

Meanwhile, I look at things in far more detail :)

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:25 pm

Citabria,

You really need to get a life... this matter died a week or two ago.

While you spend time buggerising around like this I design entire radio networks. Mate, I don't come on internet lists to prove how smart I am- I come on to help people. If you think you are smarter than me than good for you- but I don't have time to play peeing wars with you or anyone else.

Cheers,

Richard