GRN Authority & NEW SOUTH WALES GOVERNMENT TELECOMMUNICATION

JAFO

GRN Authority & NEW SOUTH WALES GOVERNMENT TELECOMMUNICATION

Post by JAFO » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:48 am

OK,

So with the purchase of the UVCD536-PT this pass week, I've started doing up another GPS Scan System for my travels, given my last GPS system was done when I got my 996T . . . can't remember how many years ago that was, but P25 was not in use with PMR Systems.

While entering some sites out between Coonabarabran, Pilliga to Collarenebri way, I came across what I believe is a GRN Site, it looks like the site has been part of this current undergone as on this pages it's was shown in the 41* MHz range, but showing now in the 420MHz range on the ACMA RadCom Register.

Now as it is listed under NEW SOUTH WALES GOVERNMENT TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (20036348), and as all here know the NSW TelCom has taken over the management of majority of NSW Agencies/Departments Radio Licenses, how do majority of you guys identify the difference between GRN Sites, FRNSW, RFS and others Sites who all use Freq's within the 410 - 420MHz Range on the ACMA RadCom Register?

Is it like me and you look for the one License Identifier entry with multilabel 41*.***MHz Freq Listed?
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

JAFO

Re: GRN Authority & NEW SOUTH WALES GOVERNMENT TELECOMMUNICA

Post by JAFO » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:00 am

The new ACMA RadCom Register has made it easy to identify Point to Point Systems, but trying to Update my list for FRNSW, RFS and ASNSW is a fun process since they all started switching to P25 Systems, which coincides with when the NEW SOUTH WALES GOVERNMENT TELECOMMUNICATION took over management of NSW Agencies/Departments Radio Licenses.

When the NEW SOUTH WALES GOVERNMENT TELECOMMUNICATION take over, that's when Agencies/Departments started switching to P25 PMR Systems, and when I stopped searching and adding site to my scanners, and just started using Control Channel Only and Custom Search Groups on my scanner while traveling.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT