Ausgrid Monopoles and NSW GRN sites

Mike Alpha

Ausgrid Monopoles and NSW GRN sites

Post by Mike Alpha » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:27 pm

Noticing a few of the new NSW GRN sites are popping up on Ausgrid Monopoles. I used to mistake these for filler cellphone sites but they aren't/weren't so I don't know what they were used for exactly. They have simple panel arrays on top.

The Revesby Ausgrid monople Image

I did an ACMA site search for "Ausgrid Monopole" and 35 came up all over Sydney and the Central Coast. None have any Ausgrid licenses on them anymore.

So far the NSW Telco Authority have GRN sites earmarked for the Revesby, Carringbah South and Long Jetty Ausgrid monopoles.

This is the council planning documentation for the Long Jetty site showing the proposed new GRN antenna etc https://www.yourvoiceourcoast.com/43683/documents/99285

It also seems that the Sydney Water reservoirs and land are no longer an attraction for comms sites as seen at the Roselands water tanks where VKG has moved its transmitters a few klms away onto Roselands shopping centre. The Caringbah Ausgrid monopole is on the footpath next to a Sydney Water reservoir where VKG have a site atop a water tank. And I suspect the Long Jetty GRN site will replace the Bateau Bay site which is on a water reservoir site a few kilometers away.

Mike

freqwaves

Re: Ausgrid Monopoles and NSW GRN sites

Post by freqwaves » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:42 pm

When I use to go past the Revesby one on the train I thought it was a DTRS tower for the railways.
This site is not active yet as I have not heard anything on the frequencies assigned.
The site at Caringbah South is active as I am tracking it from home in Lugarno.

Regards, John.

Macca

Post by Macca » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:51 pm

Mike Alpha wrote:Noticing a few of the new NSW GRN sites are popping up on Ausgrid Monopoles. I used to mistake these for filler cellphone sites but they aren't/weren't so I don't know what they were used for exactly. They have simple panel arrays on top.

The Revesby Ausgrid monople Image

I did an ACMA site search for "Ausgrid Monopole" and 35 came up all over Sydney and the Central Coast. None have any Ausgrid licenses on them anymore.

So far the NSW Telco Authority have GRN sites earmarked for the Revesby, Carringbah South and Long Jetty Ausgrid monopoles.

This is the council planning documentation for the Long Jetty site showing the proposed new GRN antenna etc https://www.yourvoiceourcoast.com/43683/documents/99285

It also seems that the Sydney Water reservoirs and land are no longer an attraction for comms sites as seen at the Roselands water tanks where VKG has moved its transmitters a few klms away onto Roselands shopping centre. The Caringbah Ausgrid monopole is on the footpath next to a Sydney Water reservoir where VKG have a site atop a water tank. And I suspect the Long Jetty GRN site will replace the Bateau Bay site which is on a water reservoir site a few kilometers away.

Mike
Mike ,
The Long Jetty Grn site is hopefully to cover a black spot between The Entrance and Toukley. This has been a issue for a while. Also there is another site that is in testing phase at Wadalba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cartman

Post by cartman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:52 am

Mike ,
The Long Jetty Grn site is hopefully to cover a black spot between The Entrance and Toukley.
This has been a issue for a while.
Also there is another site that is in testing phase at Wadalba

When you say "testing phase" are you saying that the site at Wadalba is up and running in site isolation mode ie audible control channel ?
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview