Lack of RID information on certain talkgroups

cartman

Lack of RID information on certain talkgroups

Post by cartman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:44 am

One of the things I have noticed with Unitrunker is that when some of the out of Sydney talkgroups appear on GPT Site 148 (for example 20301 Newcastle Ambulance), very few radio ids appear on the screen with the transmissions.
I am presuming that somebody with an ambulance radio in Sydney is listening to that talkgroup (eg Sydney Ambulance Centre or a tech) and I appreciate that the Unitrunker programme is merely sourcing its information from the hex information that the P25 system works off, so I suppose the question I am asking "is the lack of radio information a function of the manner in which the original transmission was made and patched/multiselected into the wider transmission of the talkgroup?"
I am aware that many transmissions are patched in from PMR but radios i would expect to see (eg Newcastle ambos) frequently dont appear
It doesnt appear to be a issue of received signal strength on the tapped Uniden 796 that i am sourcing the control channel data from

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Garry

Re: Lack of RID information on certain talkgroups

Post by Garry » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 am

I run pro96.com here in Newcastle, I find a similar thing to units that I know are tx'ing down in sydney,, not all the time, but often
Happily Scanning Since 1983