is this common ??

ivahri

Re: is this common ??

Post by ivahri » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:48 am

I'm very suss about the 100% accuracy of pro96 logs. I've been told about a number of odd logs but when I chase them up a percentage turn out not to have happened, at least as far as the network is aware. On the other hand I personally saw a NSWAS ID flash briefly on my XTL5000 radio one night yet it never happened according to the network. My suspicion is that instances like this one- no voice, very brief- is a network glitch.

Cheers,

Richard

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:51 am

Remember that there are RFS & NP&WS- even Railway Fire- radios with FRNSW talkgroups. There are FRNSW radios with RFS profiles (the BFOs and Operational Commanders) so you are going to see the odd one that appears "suss". I know there are dodgy radios out there, but many X files have been explained.

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:25 pm

'm very suss about the 100% accuracy of pro96 logs.
thats why i gave up using that, went back to UniTrunker. saw some really odd things on Pro96.com

cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:42 pm

I use it all the time, havent had too many problems, only one time it displayed a peer site as a 700mhz system somehow but thats about it.

news

Post by news » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:16 pm

ive had issues with PRO96 but when you see the same radios affiliating to the wrong talkgroup on a regular basis its obvious something is not right. why would ambo or fire ids be listening to RTA ? or for that matter listening to police patch eso 10 at 2am in the morning ?

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 pm

I cant say ive ever had wrong radios affiliating, must be dodgy data.. but theres a heap of radios that sit on 10019 ESO 10, especially RFS and SES, they must get bored, or they showing off that they have police channels on their radio?

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 pm

news wrote:ive had issues with PRO96 but when you see the same radios affiliating to the wrong talkgroup on a regular basis its obvious something is not right. why would ambo or fire ids be listening to RTA ? or for that matter listening to police patch eso 10 at 2am in the morning ?
Listening into ESO 10 makes sense - they all have access to it for liasion purposes and sometimes just listen in because they are bored. Certainly is the case for the majority of SES and RFS radios that affiliate.

The odd RID on a different users TG could also be put down to that RID being allocated to a liasion radio by the user. I know FRNSW, RFS, ASNSW, SES, NPWS, RailCorp and some of the utilities have a number of radios legitimately programmed with other users TG's, but their own RIDs. Likley the case with others on the network as well. I guess it is more common than one may think.

I remember there were 'pirate' users on the old 4.1 network who used to use the GRN to talk to one another. They programmed their own personal radios with dodgy RIDs and TG's. I would discuss it in depth with a number of people on old forums. They latest a while as well before being shut down.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:32 pm

news wrote:simple answer, it's a dodgy radio that been programmed by someone without a clue.

My PRO96.com logs have RFS, SES, NSWFB, NSWAS RID's affiliating with talkgroups which they should not be from another service. logs show at least a couple radios each week that are obviously not right.
Not necessarily, when i was working for NSCCAHS I had borrowed some grn radios from the guys at the GCIO. Within that radio contained NSWAS, NSWFB, RTA talkgroups as well as some NSWFB SO Channels.

news

Post by news » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:23 am

centralcoastscanman wrote:
news wrote:simple answer, it's a dodgy radio that been programmed by someone without a clue.

My PRO96.com logs have RFS, SES, NSWFB, NSWAS RID's affiliating with talkgroups which they should not be from another service. logs show at least a couple radios each week that are obviously not right.
Not necessarily, when i was working for NSCCAHS I had borrowed some grn radios from the guys at the GCIO. Within that radio contained NSWAS, NSWFB, RTA talkgroups as well as some NSWFB SO Channels.
If you were given a radio on loan with these TG's in there it should not have happened. simple as that. Rental/borrowed radios should be programmed adhoc at all times.

What does "borrowed some GRN radios from the guys at GCIO" mean ? there should be no reason whatsoever for a radio to be issued that has live TG's that the user should be on. when did this happen ? recently ?

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:02 am

You beat me to it News, I was going to raise this matter next week with Telco as this rings serious alarm bells with me... It should definitely not have happened & certain agencies would be very alarmed to hear that someone is getting access to their talkgroups without their knowledge & consent.

Cheers,

Richard