NSW P25 GRN - Site Listing (current)

crafty

Re: NSW P25 GRN - Site Listing (current)

Post by crafty » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 am

The "NSWGRN Infrastructure" sites on the North Coast seem to be PMR frequencies for service such as Ambulance Fire+Rescue and SES, see notes below:

Unknown Site # - SPRINGBROOK QLD (Twd 2way Bilbrough Lookout):
415.3125 - CT107.2 - NSW SES

Unknown Site # - BURRINGBAR (SRA Tower Cooradilla Rd):
416.0875 - CT151.4 - Fire+Rescue NSW

Unknown Site # - MT NARDI (TV Tower 30 km N of Lismore):
416.7625 - CT107.2 - NSW SES

Unknown Site # - BUCKOMBIL MOUNTAIN (Meerschaum Station Lismore):
416.1000 - CT151.4 - Fire+Rescue NSW

Unknown Site # - HALFWAY CREEK (Vertel Site):
417.1250 - ???, I can recieve this site from my home near Coffs and have never heard any activity of this frequency

Unknown Site # - COFFS HARBOUR (Mt Coramba Orara East State Forest):
417.4500 - ???, I can recieve this site from my home near Coffs and have never heard any activity of this frequency

Unknown Site # - MT ENGLAND (Vertel Site):
467.7250 - CT156.7 - NSW Ambulance

Unknown Site # - PORT MACQUARIE (Police Site Transit Hill):
416.1125 - CT218.1 - Fire+Rescue NSW

Cheers, Allison

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks Allison, yeah I mostly added them to the map in preparation for the upcoming North Coast GRN rollout as I reckon there's a good chance the new GRN sites will use many of those same locations (plus many more new ones of course), in fact it wouldn't surprise me if some of those frequency assignments have just been "parked" there for years, maybe they were active for coverage testing or something ages ago?

But I'm glad you looked them up, I've been meaning to check on them but never seem to have time lately. I have a search setup to discover newly licenced ACMA sites, but not newly licenced frequencies at existing sites such as the list above, I figured I'd wait until I saw other sites appear and then check.

I just wish they'd pull their finger out and get into it already!

Andrew

BrisbaneScan

Post by BrisbaneScan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:58 pm

i thought they used the RFS sites for the North West CCEP Pilot.
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:54 pm

AFAIK you're correct, but there weren't any existing sites licenced to the GRN TELCO client number in those areas to begin with.

It's only guesswork on my part anyway, but the other reason I added them to the map is so the map actually displays all 222 ACMA sites (currently) licenced to the NSW TELCO Authority (525851), which makes it easier for me to compare site numbers if/when a new one appears.

There is a facility to hide those sites on the map anyway if the viewer doesn't want to see them, or I can hide them by default, but I don't think it's worth removing them until the North Coast rollout is complete as they might give some idea of where the new sites will be?

Andrew

P.S. I've just updated the NSWGRN map to the new icon sets as used on the other state maps so now it's (hopefully) easier to tell which sites are railway stations, tunnels, buildings, etc. at a glance.

And I'm just looking at listing the "Unknown Sites" on the forum list now...

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 pm

2 new Infrastructure sites were just added to the map. authorised yesterday (Feb 15th) on the ACMA database, both right next to the DR NOCC out at Castle Hill.

ACMA sites 9015414 & 9015415

Both look to only have 37~38GHz microwave freqs licenced so I'm guessing either the DR NOCC is getting an upgrade or possibly these links will support new infill / in-building sites shortly?

That brings the NSW TELCO sites total to 224 (plus 13 ACT ESA sites), obviously not all are GRN sites.

Initially I got all excited about the possibility of North Coast sites starting to appear but no such luck, can't be long now surely?

Andrew

EDIT: Just playing around trying to draw lines at specific headings on the map and it seems the first microwave link is headed @ 50° out toward Dural or Hornsby Heights, and possibly on to Mount Kuring-gai or Berowra; and the other is headed @ 230° out through Seven Hills or Blacktown, and possibly on to Badgerys Creek & Nattai.

Although both are extremely low power so I suspect they may be fairly localised?

cartman

Post by cartman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:09 pm

I am heading up to Port Macquarie later in the week.
I will have a sweep through the GRN band on the way through at a couple of high spots to see if anything has been rolled out yet.
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:29 am

Bigfella237 wrote:Just playing around trying to draw lines at specific headings on the map and it seems the first microwave link is headed @ 50° out toward Dural or Hornsby Heights, and possibly on to Mount Kuring-gai or Berowra; and the other is headed @ 230° out through Seven Hills or Blacktown, and possibly on to Badgerys Creek & Nattai.

Although both are extremely low power so I suspect they may be fairly localised?
It links to the site just up the road, only 300 meters away.

https://maprad.io/#/search/site/9015414?i=LciKNmScFJ

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 pm

DOH! I must'a had the bearings mixed up?

So why would they do that? They obviously have equipment at both addresses that need to be linked so is the DR NOCC moving down the road?

Andrew

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:23 am

The second site near Windsor road is a 30 meter pole with antennas on it. Due to the local terrain it is in a better position than the NOCC itself. It’s just a link between the NOCC and the spot where they put their repeaters and antennae.

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:20 pm

I remember when the DR NOCC site was originally chosen, we evaluated that it wasn't in a choice spot for RF linking, or indeed hosting its own site. Having a short link to the high point seems to prove this.